This is for the beautiful Helene, who sweetly asked!
South Beach is freaking amazing people! When I started it, I was thinking I'd love to lose 10 pounds. That still put me just a few pounds above pre preg weight, but I've always thought there's no way I could get back down to where I was cause I felt like I was pretty thin (for my personal build). Anyyyway, so I think last time I wrote here I had lost 4 pounds. As of last Wednesday I've lost 10! TEN pounds! I'm on Phase 2 now, where I'll stay until I get to where I want to be. Since I got to 10 so quickly I'm hoping to maybe get 5 more off. If not, I can live with what I'm at now.
I've been working out like a maniac this week in hopes to sort of make up for being sick for 8 days, so I'm assuming that must've affected my weight loss this week (none, but didn't gain either). Weigh in day is on Wednesday, so we'll see what this one brings. I can't imagine I'll lose very fast anymore seeing as my diet has changed in this second phase. According to the author, a person should lose 1-2 pounds per week in Phase 2.
I would highly recommend this diet. The first 2 weeks are tough, tough, tough. Basically all protein and veggies. Even for someone like me who looooves veggies it was a struggle. You have to be 100% committed or else you'll cheat and it will throw off the entire process your body is going through. The website that got me through was/is kalynskitchen.blogspot.com. GO there and be amazed! I spend a few hours every week going through this and planning out my meals (an essential component to the diet...you'll be lost and cheat if you don't have everything all planned out) just based on her recipes.
In conclusion,
WHY did I not know about this like a year and a half ago!? So many tears could have been avoided! Oh well, I'm so happy I have something that works for me. I really haven't been more energized, happy, and physically strong in my life!
Friday, March 18, 2011
South Beach
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
6:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
THANK YOU for sharing Shannon! I am SO interested in South Beach thanks to you I am going to give it a go. I have 10 lbs that MUST go and then 5 more would be awesome. Thanks again sweets!
Pregnancy really takes a toll on our bodies, doesn't it. Thanks for sharing. I have 15 pounds that just have to go!! I think I will have to give south beach a try! Do you know if you can do it if you're nursing??
Post a Comment