Last night we attempted family pumpkin carving for the first time! We headed outside (yes, I can clearly see that poor, murdered flower pot. Don't judge. I tried. I failed.) to our deck and started sawing away while Hugh painted on his. Look closely at his face below...this is his grunting, trying SUPER hard to rip the cap off the paintbrush face. So cute.
Also, can you see why Ogg called Hugh "Braveheart" the whole evening? (The painted face...I've never seen his face so dirty before!)
This weekend we also braved Jaemor Farms, a big farm with pumpkins, tractor hayrides, corn mazes, huge slides etc. Hugh absolutely LOVED it. We rarely do things like this, so it was really rewarding to see him enjoying himself so thoroughly! The tractor ride was his favorite...we sweet talked the dudes into letting us have a free ride, so lucky Hugh got to do it twice. :)
Um, ok...I guess these pics decided to go in out of order! Here's our finished pumpkins. Mine's the cat, ogg's is the haunted mansion. I guess I forgot to take a picture of Hughs...so, it will be coming to a blog near you soon.
Here's the big ole slide at Jaemor Farms. Hugh was way freaked out the first several times then towards the end, he would literally push me back down the stairs so he could do it by himself.
Seriously, this Tasmanian devil was sprinting through this whole maze. He fell several times and learned the handy life lesson of wiping dirty hands on his pants (and other people's pants, much to my chagrin).
And look! It's a family picture! These never happen, so I am kind of loving looking at this right now. All of us together. Awww...
We stayed for over two hours, and it was great for every minute! It's really fun to have Hugh get older and be able to enjoy things like this now. Hopefully we'll have a fun holiday season!
2 comments:
So Fun! As for the plant, I didn't notice it until you said something...just assume it's part of the fall/halloween decore. A life plant wouldnt' give it nearly the same statement. :)
you guys are such a good lookin' family!
Post a Comment