So. Once again, another three months. I used to be so good at this blogging thing! Let me tell you, a slightly mentally unstable two year old makes for an exhausted mother during naptimes and nighttime, which in turn makes me have NO desire to make the loooong trek down to the basement to blog. I really, really want to repent though. I've got some stuff to catch up on! First, here's a few completely random pictures, then I'll move onto a more organized manner.
Hugh is an absolute delight+an absolute terror. He is officially done with speech therapy, but definitely has room for improvement. Still doesn't say Mommy, but he says a slew of other things, and I know he loves me. Especially when he comes and jumps on me at 530 a.m. That's love, right? Also, he's become cuddly! SO weird when he's never been a cuddly child and all of a sudden we have moments like this:Super adorable, right? Right. So, fast forward to this past week really quickly...I had a completely random opportunity to be an extra in the tv show Vampire Diaries. I've never done this sort of thing before so I had no clue what to expect. I got down there at 630 pm and left early at 130 am (I was meant to be there till about 430/5am, but was freaked out about being able to stay awake to drive the hour home)...it was FREEZING and I was outside all night wearing this:
It was a Homecoming dance scene and all I did was dance the night away while watching hot vampires interact 5 feet away from me and listen to a sweet band (The Morning Jackets). I was front and slightly off center, so hopefully I may get some screen time! It airs in a couple weeks, so we'll see!
Also, I've been a crifty crafty kinda gal lately. I made these yarn covered balls and have them in various sizes/colors arranged in a bowl and they are gorgeous, if I do say so myself!
I'm going to toot my own horn here for a second, but I DO want this recorded so I know I can get back to this place after coming babies, so tune out if you don't want to see/hear!
A few weeks ago I was cleaning my closet out and pulled out the stack of pants I knew I'd never, ever fit in again (even after I did South Beach and lost all the weight I needed to...my hips were still wider than they used to be). I thought, what the heck, why not try em on and torture myself. DUDE, THEY FIT! I was amazed! So it only took my hips two years to get back to where they used to be, but I did it! Let us pray that I can do it again after the next baby (no announcements).
In other news, Ogg and I were undefeated in our mixed doubles tennis division. That was SO much fun to spend this time together doing something we actually both enjoyed! I can't wait for our anniversary in a few weeks (6 whole years peeps!)...we splurged and are going to a Brandi Carlile concert in Buckhead. It will be amazing, I already know it!
Ok...onto more Hugh like things cuz we all know that's what we want to see, right?
Sunday, October 23, 2011
I'm baaaack
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
1:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Way to go Shannon!! Toot away that's great news. Its a great feeling to get yourself into something you never thought you would again. Oh, and you still look as gorgous as ever!
you look hot!! i was flipping through the photos on this post before reading anything and I thought for a second that you had accidentally inserted a picture meant for Ogg's eyes only. HA! no, it's only your sexy 'extra' pic! love it!
i enjoyed catching up on all of your latest! i love it when the jeans fit again!
haha! LOVe the first lines in this post and totally understand! I am in the same boat.
so you have to tell us when you will be on vampire diaries - and I will have to watch it!
Post a Comment