Hugh and I were able to go to Utah to see my family last week. It was so fun to see my parents again and we got to introduce Hugh to the rest of the family and lots of friends! It was wonderful! I knew it was going to be cold, but when I woke up the morning after I got there, this is what I saw:

what the!

My sweet niece who wanted to hold him all day long!

My sisters two youngest boys loved to play with Hugh all day. Finn (the one chilling with the gloves on) kept trying to get Hugh to play with toy cars and we kept telling him that they were too hard for him. He ran off (I thought he was offended) and 5 minutes later came running back with an armful of soft, baby toys and was so excited to show him EACH ONE! Such a cutie pie!

Our first Santa visit! Hugh was peacefully sleeping for the whole thing, but it was great!

He was fast asleep afterward! I assumed he would sleep for like an hour or so, but when we got home, he kept sleeping in his seat for another hour and a half. At that point I was going to try to transfer him to his crib (he's never transferred well). He didn't even make a peep! I guess he was so warm and toasty that it kept him asleep! He slept for like 6 hours and woke up in the middle of the night totally confused!

Shopping with my mom who refuses to be in any pictures.

One night we had a get together with a few longtime friends. Here's Amy and Janique and Amiah.

Sorry mom, that doesn't help with the not wanting to be in pictures. Pretend she's not in it.

Amy and I.

Shelby, Janique and the two lil' ones.

The crowd minus Ames

Me and my sister Meghan. Isn't she beautiful?

Her brood+my brood=LOTS OF HER BROOD!

Lunchtime! Newly pregnant Caitlyn and I having a deep conversation. I think I was scaring her half to death about motherhood. She looks a little concerned, no?

Amy was there too, probably feeling weird cause we were talking about episiotomies and contractions and stuff. Haha.

Me and my 94 year old grandma (maybe 93?).

Hugh and my brother Brett. The 1st night we were there Hugh woke up every dang hour for 5 hours in a row, so the 2nd night, Brett (at midnight!) came up when Hugh was crying and walked him around for almost an hour until he fell asleep so I could rest. Sweet man, huh?

They really bonded. It was so cute!

Mike and Hugh when we were about to leave.

Mike and Tracy. Everyone loves Tracy, especially babies and kids!
5 comments:
looking at your live feed, it seems like there's someone from st. george who checks up on you a LOT. do you have other friends from st. george, or do i just spend too much time on the internet? haha!
ugh. i'm so sad we never got to meet up. life is crazy! i'm glad you got to do some fun things while you were here though. it sounds like your schedule was booked!
your baby is getting so big! Always fun to be with family, especially around the holidays. Did you enjoy the cold weather that has been Utah? :-(
I can't believe how much older he looks just in the few weeks I haven't seen him!!! crazy! He is starting to look less babyish, and more like he has his own look, ya know? Can't wait to see you when I get back!
Fantastic Pictures! That was so much fun. Let's do it again soon with Ogg! It looks like Christmas was awesome too!
Post a Comment