Saturday, July 24, 2010

Randoms

So, a few random things that have been going on...

First up, Hugh's bff Olivia had her 1st birthday, so we went to her partaaay! It was fabulous, of course, because her Mom Katie threw it! Look at that party hat! She handmade all of them, including the pom poms on the top! She's incredible, I tell ya!

Sweet little Olivia is in the background of that one, with her mom on her left. Didn't get many quality pictures. Oops.

Although Hugh's been in decent moods since we've been back, the past few days have been hit and miss. I think he's all outta whack because he's on the verge of mastering walking. He's seriously bipolar right now though. Here's a series of pictures taken within like 15 minutes of each other:

(yes, my son is holding an ipad. don't judge. he loves it)



Super fun, eh? We still think he's adorable. Well, I did until tonight for dinner he threw mandarin oranges BEHIND his head and they smeared all down the wall. Then he threw his mushy peas all over the floor and then his sippy cup on top of them just to add some extra smearing. What a pain in the neck.

Also, I'll be honest. I feel like crap. I've gained TEN, yes TEN pounds in about 2 months. I'm putting it towards the stupid birth control I've started, but I'm really not making excuses. So, with the inspiration from a couple friends I've decided to run a 5k in a few weeks. For those of you who know me well, this is ridiculous sounding. I absolutely hate running. I'd rather walk on nails. Well, I pushed through the first time running on Wednesday and went again on Friday. We're shooting for 3x a week right now, which is really hard in the 97 degree heat and ridiculous humidity, but whatever. I'm desperate to get this lame weight off. So, I'm going to run it off! I've heard good things about running and losing weight, so hopefully this does it because I'VE HAD IT. I'm not letting it beat me! So, even though it sounds so lame, I'm really proud of myself for running 1 mile straight last night! This is big news for me! Now I just need some really good song suggestions for running that will keep me pumped up. Feel free to comment!

8 comments:

St. John, Jacque, Camilla said...

Just a thought...Do thyroid problem's run in your family? If so it could be a cause of weight gain. I know I gained about 15 lbs in two months and for no explained reason when I was diagnosed. Good for you for running is totally hard!

AshleyS said...

my favorite song to run to: Bon Jovi's, Livin' On a Prayer.

And Hugh is darling! Have fun running! You will love it.

Erin said...

You CAN do it! You will learn to love it, just keep telling yourself that. One day you'll suddenly realize that you're enjoying yourself, and that you WANT to go running, and you won't know who you are anymore. Just start small and work from there, you're smart to just start with a mile and not say, "Ok, I'm going to run a marathon in 2 weeks," because then you will just be mad.

Also, where did you get that shirt you're wearing in your Mother's Day post? The ruffly white collar one? I remember I saw it when you posted it and loved it, but I was like, "Well, I shop a lot and look at stuff online a lot, maybe I'll come across it," but I never have. Probably it's some super awesome place that's not in Utah--that seems to happen to me a lot.

Greg and Mel said...

I can't believe how big Hugh looks! And his hair is SUPER blonde now, SUCH a cutie!!

I need to start running again, I did really well for about a month but stopped because it is a million degrees outside!! Keep it up, Running is GREAT!
mel

blueeyedfreckle said...

I laughed out loud about the food fiasco.... sorry. I hate meal time. good thing you have the shark now! um and congrats on the running! I can't wait to get back to it when I get home. you are a trooper for doing it in that nasty heat though. luckily fall is almost here!

and yes. I hope running helps us both lose some lbs. Ive gained some here in europe from all these dang crepes I've been eating....

Shanicherie said...

Erin, the shirt is from j crew around end of April. Maybe it's on sale now?

Erin said...

I'm on it. Thanks Shannon!

Brittney said...

I'm right there with you on the running...hate it but love it. I'm in your same boat. Between vacations all summer (and the food that goes along with vacations) and 4 kids who hated going to the gym (wherefore we rarely went), I'm feeling like a jello jiggler. :)

What race are you doing? Kaleb's doing the Bulldog dash 5k this weekend. I'm going to do the Suwanee Day 5k or maybe 10k if I'm feeling brave enough next month. Guess I'd better get back to running as well. :)