Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Flashback on a lonely Wednesday night...

So, I'm sitting here watching the CMA's (don't ask me why, I don't even listen to country, it's just...on) all by my lonesome.  Oggy's at a work conference in a 4-Star hotel in Florida that's literally on the beach, lucky man.  I, however, have been pretty sick the past few days and can barely function.  So I don't have my man to wait on me and does everything I ask him to.  Sadness!  Being the bored person I am right now, I was looking through some old files and found these couple of pictures.  This was summer 2005, a trip with my family up to my sister's cabin in Wyoming, which also happened to be the trip where Ogg asked my Dad if he could steal me away and marry me.  In my opinion, he gave me away a bit too eagerly!  Just kidding...but he did warn Ogg that I'm very stubborn.  Haha, thanks Dad.  My Dad followed us around and took pictures of us 4-wheeling.  

So, here we are...newly in love and totally oblivious to the trials, joys, adventures and new cities (and countries!) we would experience together the next 3 years.  Happy 3rd Anniversary (in 6 days) sweetheart!  I look forward to the next chapter in our lives!



3 comments:

Coombs Family said...

Hi Shan Honey! I was excited to see you comment on my blog after I FINALLY posted something new! I loved this post of yours. It's so true too... when you choose to begin your journey of life with someone, it truly IS the BEGINNING of the rest of your lives. You have no idea what's ahead of you, and there's no way to know, but only by living it together. I love it! Anyway, again, thanks for commenting tonight... I was afraid people wouldn't ever check my blog anymore cuz I haven't written for so long. It was fun to hear from ya. Love ya girl!

Brittney said...

What are you doing home. Why didn't you sneak off with Ogg to Florida? :)

I'm sorry you are so sick. Is there anything I can do for you?

Laurel said...

Aww! Happy Anniversary you two!