Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

So, this Thanksgiving was very different and very quiet for us. No traditional family dinner to be stuffed with and none of my sweet nephews and nieces running around, entertaining us. I had a couple of pretty sad moments, but it was actually quite nice for Ogg and I to be left alone to do our own thing this year.

I got sick a couple weeks ago and haven't quite gotten my appetite back yet, so I wasn't thinking I'd do anything too special. My sweet Ogg stepped up and decided to take it into his own hands! If my mom wasn't going to feed him on Thanksgiving, then he'd just have to make up for it! So he made a turkey breast, veggies, homemade mashed potatoes and gravy while I made my mom's green beans (with crispy bacon and cider vinegar...so yummy...I had to have SOMETHING that reminded me of home!) I am fairly difficult to please when it comes to turkey (or any meat-ish sort of thing), but Ogg hit it out of the ballpark on this one! It was spectacular! And I couldn't believe he just whipped up those mashed potatoes, no recipe!

We definitely have a lot to be thankful for this year. It's been a wonderful year for us, complete with the adventure of moving across the country! I love Ogg and he loves me and I'm grateful we have a strong relationship that's been tested and passed with flying colors! Hopefully next year we'll be around more family, but if not, then at least I know I can depend on my husband to be helping me in the kitchen!

The lovely looking feast


Pre-oven turkey and veggies

3 comments:

Greg and Mel said...

Ogg is a great chef! My personal favorite is the chef special, BEANS ON TOAST! ha ha
- greg

cat+tadd=sam said...

Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving! Way to go Ogg!

Brittney said...

yummy...send him over our way! :)