Ogg blessed Hugh on Sunday. It went wonderfully! He got kinda fussy right before, so I ran out to the mom's room to give him a little snack, counting on there being a bunch of announcements (there always are!!). Unfortunately, about 2 minutes into feeding him, I hear the Bishop say, "We have the opportunity to witness a baby blessing...." and I totally start panicking cause Hugh is NOT a happy chappy when I stop him from eating when he's not done! So I quickly set him down on my lap, try to yank my shirt down as fast as possible and I literally ran out the door! Ogg comes wandering out of the chapel wondering where the heck I am and I hand him the babe just praying that he doesn't freak out, cause Ogg's stressed out enough!
Luckily, he didn't make a peep! My dad, Ogg's dad, Bishop Galt and Ogg were in the circle. They all told me after the blessing was over and they opened their eyes, Hugh had a HUGE smile on his face! We're talking like the biggest, gummiest kind of smile...ear to ear! How adorable is that!? What a precious boy we have. We just fall in love with him more and more every day. Pictures to come.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
The Blessing of the Babe
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
6:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
he was blessed?? that is so special. I bet you're family is closer than ever! post pictures of your little guy!
That is the greatest story, Shan! Happy to hear he didn't freak out during the blessing!
Post a Comment