Saturday, January 30, 2010

Beautiful January!

We have had a wonderful January (until this weekend when we've all been sick!). Our sweet Hugh turned 7 months old today! I know it's so cliche, but I cannot believe how quick it's going! He's now closer to a year than birth. Ogg and I are so in love with him. If life keeps going this quick, I have no idea when we'll have another one cause I really just want to enjoy Hugh for a while and before I know it, he's gonna be like three years old! Here's a few pictures of the past few weeks...

Today Hugh decided to hang out with me in the kitchen and play with some measuring cups:

And his teething giraffe Sophie:

Close up of his fuzzy head:

We went to Petsmart to see if he was interested in any of the little creatures. He was most interested in the little mice running around on their moving circle.

Can we keep 'em Daddy?

Checking out the fishies!

And I dunno what these lizards were up to, but I thought I'd document it. :)

We've had a few random beautiful days when it's been in the 50's. We go on walks on those days! Here's Hugh in his BYU hat and his mesh feeder full of pears, which kept him busy for about an hour!

I looked down at him once and had to do a double take because he was doing this! I thought he had fallen asleep like this somehow! But he HATES the sun getting in his eyes, so I think when it happened, he reached up to try and bat the sun away and grabbed onto his hat! He was perfectly wide awake and gave me a huge smile when I peeked under there!

The end of another walk...peacefully sleeping!

He LOOOOOVES electronics already! We can't put phones, computers, remotes, xbox controllers, or anything remotely like it or he dives! Here he is working on his Dad's computer.

So fun Mom!

7 month highlights:
-Hugh's first tooth has broken through (one of the bottom two)! Just barely, but it's there! And the one next to it is pretty swollen so I'm assuming it's going to happen soon. He has had a REALLY hard time and is super fussy. He pretty much wants me to hold him all the time, which has been a little exhausting for me!
-Before his teeth started coming through he absolutely inhaled all solid foods I gave him. I'm guessing it'll go back that way after he's done, but for now he's having a really hard time eating anything!
-He loves to drink from normal cups. He doesn't quite get it and he doesn't grab onto the sides, but he loves taking gulps!
-I'm teaching him to use sippy cups. He'll stick it in his mouth for a few minutes and sometimes I can hear him suck, but he never gets much out. We'll keep working on it!
-The funny boy literally rolls across rooms now. He's so proud of himself and always looks for me when he completes a roll!
-He can sit up unassisted and play and grab toys in front and to the side of him, but he's still a little wobbly, so I always have something soft around him.
-He started saying things other than vowel sounds like: mama, wawa, baba. My heart melts when he says mama even though I know he's not saying it to me directly.

2 comments:

blueeyedfreckle said...

petsmart!!! good idea! like the zoo, for babies! i can't wait until you and i can do things like take our kids to the zoo together (when they'll get excited about it).

emily and logan said...

hahaha! those lizards are gettin a little silly....and WHERE did you get that skull top?!? i have to have one!!!