Thursday, April 15, 2010

April Showers...not in GA!

Things have been busy and fun here in the A-T-L the past few weeks! It's been beautiful weather (70-80 degrees), so we've been going on almost daily walks and enjoying ourselves a lot more! I will say that I am SO grateful I don't have allergies because every spring Atlanta gets covered in a literal sheet of pollen. I do not envy those who are sniffing and not feeling well all day (Ogg). Luckily it doesn't seem that Hugh has allergies!

Last week there was a puppet show at our local library! I thought it would be fun little thing to go to and I showed up like 10 minutes before it started. Ummm...there were like 100 people there, no joke! It was crazy busy! But I was able to stand Hugh up on my lap (I wore a skirt...what was I thinking??) and he actually watched quite a bit of it! It was a super cute show. A couple of friends came along as well, so it was a nice little get together!

Hugh and Olivia after the program

My little guy looooves to be naked. Actually, I don't even know if it's the naked part. He's just getting extremely difficult to dress lately, so sometimes I just let him roll around in the buff and he seems content!


Can't be bothered to switch the picture around. Just tilt your head and you can see the cuteness.

Hugh loves to put his feet up on things. It's really quite humorous. I'm not exaggerating at all! His little feet will always find SOMETHING to go up on, whether it's me or a toy, he finds it!


This picture could not be cuter! I was cutting up a mango for him over his high chair and he kept grabbing for the big part I was holding. Then it dawned on me he might like to gnaw on the whole thing! He loved it, even though he kept making the funny sour baby face!


Aaand, my sweet boy also loves the messiest fruit of all: blueberries. He took a little soak in the bathroom sink after that, which he enjoyed quite a bit!
I found a last minute ticket for a great price and badgered my mom into coming, even though she's got an insane schedule the next month. I'm SO excited to see her and Hugh is at the funnest age to be around! It's a great birthday present to have her come and we've made it our (VERY BIG) goal to lose 5 pounds while she's here! I think she can do it, but I'm too nervous to scale back my diet too much cause I'm still nursing. I'm hoping for 3! I am seriously giddy with anticipation for her arrival this Tuesday!

Oh yeah...Hugh started CRAWLING a few days ago! He just got up and jetted off one day! No practicing tentatively, just going for it! It's adorable and I'm so freaking proud of him!

7 comments:

emily and logan said...

you're so lucky that Hugh eats so well. River has become extreeeemely picky. it is very frustrating.

blueeyedfreckle said...

loooove the feet up on the humidifier. he is a crack up. and I swear he is 5.

mrs. farlanderz said...

Hugh is SUCH a studly little fellow! seriously cute!

mangoes and blueberries are 2 of kings faves too-these boys really have to meet someday-

Tell your mother hello from us!!!

Nikki said...

I love the picture of him looking at a book with his feet up, he has it pretty easy. :) He is getting cuter I swear!

Misty said...

I love that you say "can't be bothered..." heard that a lot while they were playing soccer. Tell Ogg I'm proud of him for decking the guy two years later. i'm sure he deserved it, if for no other reason that two years prior their team screwed us over!

bestofthebishops said...

First of all...how do you have white furniture with a baby boy? And it is clean?! Second, I love your crib bedding! And Hugh is such a cute little baby!! I can't believe how well he eats for you. That is so great.

Jaime said...

he's so cute! i can't believe he's over 9 months old! The BEST age!