Wednesday, August 27, 2008

D-Day

Well, this is it.  It's finally happening.  It only took:
1 failed attempt to extract teeth because of strange heart behavior and an anxiety attack (anxiety attack due to the lameness of the nurse who took a full 25 minutes to get an IV into me. The problem isn't my veins, they're perfectly fine.  The oral surgeon came in and got it in in under 60 seconds)
3 cardiology appointments
1 echo
1 stress test
haggling with the dentist's office to get the quickest appointment possible, only to have to wait 5 more weeks

But it's here.  Tomorrow is the day.  I'm significantly more emotionally prepared for this time so I'm thinking that the best thing for me to do is fill my day with business.  Too bad I have to stop eating at midnite tonight, otherwise I'd probably fill it with Ben & Jerry's, but that's outta the question.  So instead, I'm going to work for a 1/2 day, meet up with Ogg, head over and read a book and listen to my Ipod until they call me in.  

Just don't think about it.  

That's my plan.  All I have to do is get to the chair, have them stick me with an IV and get knocked out.  The pain I can handle.  But as of now, I'm freaked out the most about getting the IV in again, NOT having an anxiety attack and getting my teeth OUT.  I absolutely cannot wait anymore for this to happen!  I need these head and tooth aches to be gone forever!  

Anyway, this is against my plan,  I'm thinking about it.  I'm going to watch the Democratic convention now and get mad.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

cat+tadd=sam said...

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Kar said...

Good luck! I'll pray for you!