Saturday, May 2, 2009

I don't know if it was such a good idea yesterday to set up the crib with the bedding, get the car seat and stroller out to assemble, and wash and fold all of Hugh's clothes...

My heart, and even my body is literally aching to hold him in my arms. As much as I want my sweet baby to be healthy and grow as much as he can inside of me, I want him out so I can love him better! I want him out so I can feed him and rock him. So I can watch him peacefully sleep, so I can clothe him and swaddle him to keep him warm and safe-feeling. This baby is mine to love, to care for and to raise. His every need depends on me. I am more scared than ever to embark on this journey, but also more anxious to begin it than ever! My love for this little guy is literally overflowing...out of my tear ducts at this very moment!

I've always been a fairly happy person and content with my life. But there has always been a small hole that has never been filled completely no matter how happy I was. When I met my husband and married him, a part of that hole was filled up, but I was truly surprised to realize that I still felt it! Right now, the aching that I feel stems from where that hole lies. I now know that the emptiness I've never been able to fill up was waiting for my little Hugh. I know that once I hold him in my arms, my life will be complete.

I know I still have about nine weeks to go before I meet my sweet baby, and I hope that it flies by. But until then, I have found some old pictures of my husband, Ogg, to stare at and wonder if our boy will look like him! Ogg will be mortified, but I don't really care. Everyone loves baby pictures, right?

Look at the little cutie!


Look at what a CHUNK he is! I just wanna pinch that double chin!


Sweet newborn with his momma, my wonderful mother-in-law! Little did she know what trouble that angelic face would cause once he could walk and talk!


Oh man, I want my little Hughie!



SO dang cute! I am desperate to have a little blonde baby, even if it's just for a year or two!


And, my all time favorite picture of Oggy in his little stripey swim trunks, totally toe-headed! What a doll!

2 comments:

Dixie & Markus said...

Cute little Ogg! I'm excited for Hugh to make his entrance too!!

Laurel said...

HA! I love the pictures! I can't wait to hear you've got your little guy in your arms!