Saturday, May 8, 2010

Book Binge

I have always been a book lover. I started reading a weirdly young age and it wouldn't be odd to see me brushing my teeth, sitting on the toilet, doing my hair or makeup...all while reading! I wrote a post back in March about how I have finally begun reading a lot again. I think I've read 10 books in a 2 month period! Here are the latest:

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society: So enjoyable to read! Definitely a 'feel good'.

The 2nd Jen Lancaster book: People, this woman writes about her life experiences and she is HILARIOUS! She has a dirty mouth, but oh.my.gosh. She had me laughing out loud! Can't wait to read the next 2!

The Count of Monte Cristo: I just finished this yesterday. It took me a couple weeks to get through the first 100 pages, but then it really picked up and I couldn't put it down. I can't believe I've never read this classic. It was wonderful, but I'm not sure I was completely satisfied with the ending!

Freakanomics: I'm almost done with this one and it's really quite fascinating! I thoroughly enjoyed the Ku Klux Klan bit, but probably mostly because I live here in Atlanta. :)

And this week I will be starting Eat, Pray, Love. Excited to find out that Julia Roberts is playing the lead in this movie that's currently being filmed. Hopefully it'll be similar!

Any suggestions out there?

1 comment:

AshleyS said...

I'm reading Freakanomics right now too! And I LOVED Eat, Pray, Love. I think about it a lot when practicing yoga actually. The "Pray" section of the book was my favorite. I also just read The Lone Survivor, it's about Navy SEALs. Really good. I hadn't heard of the Jen Lancaster one, but want to try it after reading your review.

ps. i heard there was a byu ballroom reunion a few weeks ago. did you get invited, or was it only for the touring team, b/c I heard nothing about it.