Well, it's now September! To me, that means that the summer is coming to an end, and I have been eyeing my sweaters and Ugg's. That's what I love the most about fall/winter. I LOVE to cuddle up in a warm sweater and boots. I'm lucky I work in a place where I can wear denim every day if I want to so my winter will be full of comfi-ness!
The emotions that this month brings are plentiful. I thought I would be pregnant by now. We had 'tentatively' planned on getting pregnant between June and October for the timing we wanted. That didn't work because of all the complications I had with getting these dang wisdom teeth out. But, it had to happen before I got pregnant. The only real problem with this being delayed is that it's given us more time to doubt whether we're ready or not. We're thinkers. We think too hard.
Also, September being here means that we've been in beautiful Georgia for almost 9 months now! We've loved the change of scenery and pace. But with fall dawning on us here (which I'm sure will be beautiful), it reminds me that I am NOT close to family and am missing my neices' and nephews' milestones every passing week. Also, I won't be there for Thanksgiving. I'll only be able to see them for a short time during the Christmas holidays. And I miss them. So much.
And the closer the New Year comes, the more pressure is put on us to decide what we want to do with our lives. Do we stay here in Georgia? Do we move on? Take another chance and move somewhere again? We have no idea. Oh well, such is life. We take it as it comes.
One more thought: I've stayed quiet about the Stephanie and Christian Nielson accident, but my heart does go out to them and their family. I've been associated with many of the Clark's (mostly the older ones and the cousins) and I pray that their entire family feels peace and am happy to know that the surgeries have gone well so far. The Clark family is strong. I know they will all be able to lift each other emotionally as we "outsiders" can help them monetarily because heaven knows they'll need it. I'm very inspired and touched how the blogging world has come together to help them. I'm excited to know approximate amounts of money that we've all raised. Hopefully the people who were involved in the bidding and didn't win will still donate that money to their fund. Pray for them.
I hope you all had a great Labor Day, as I did not. I really struggled with the discomfort of the post-surgery, but things are getting better every day.
Happy September!

3 comments:
I'm sad that you are far away, and I'm sad that you aren't with child yet, but I'm happy that you and Ogg are in Georgia having an adventure! It would be so fun to do something like that. Don't be too nervous about where you'll end up next year, you guys will do the right thing, I know it!
I love the Fall too. Honestly, it can't come fast enough for me out here in this dang desert!
Don't doubt! Have a baby...just don't look at my "before" pictures or you might change your mind! But seriously it's the best thing ever...keep trying and good luck!
Post a Comment