Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Anxiously waiting...

The second week we moved out here to beautiful Georgia, my mom came out to see us. It was great to see her and have her see where we're living! She was kind enough to take us out to P.F. Chang's one night...it was a fun night to be together and talk. So after our lovely, satisfying meal, on the way to the freeway, a super happy copper (intended to be sarcastic) flashed his lights and pulled us over. All of us were baffled at what in the world Ogg had done to offend this officer so. He proceeded to tell Ogg that he had blatantly run a red light. "It was red 50 feet before you turned" he claimed. All of us looked at him dumbfounded because...this simply wasn't true! Ogg had turned on a yellow light, for sure, but definitely not a red! He has one random speeding ticket on his record from 2 years ago, but other than that he is CLEAN! If I must say, my husband is a VERY safe, VERY aware driver. And this accusation was enough to make him question the officer, which he promptly shut down and started throwing accusations around. So aggravating.
Anyway, so Ogg decided he wasn't going to pay up and was headed to court to try to convince the judge of the unjustness of the whole thing. So right now, my sweet husband is in court (probably with a whole bunch of drug offenders and assault crimes...believe me, I know...I've been there before), waiting to plead his case and try his luck at being a lawyer. I hope it goes well, and I hope he gets an understanding and fair judge (I know they're all SUPPOSED to be fair, but...let's just leave it at that).
Good luck Oggy! I hope you come home triumphant! If not...then raised car insurance, here we come. His employer probably won't be too pleased...

1 comment:

emily and logan said...

stupid coppers. get a life!