Unfortunately, we had such a great time with my in-laws, we didn't take a lot of pictures with them! Hopefully they'll send some of theirs over so we can have a few more. These picture are all from our first day together. We drove to Kennesaw, which is where part of the Civil War was fought. It was very informational and interesting! There was a museum with real artifacts from the civil war, including things like flags, uniforms, handmade bullets and some of their socks! It was a beautiful day...probably in the 60's, so we took a nice walk up what Georgians call a "mountain".
The lovey-dovey parents on the other side, looking down into Tennessee (I think)
All in all, it was absolutely wonderful to have them come see our home, help us settle in a bit more (we love Ikea), and just spend time together! I'll do a post of all our beautiful art they helped us frame and place another time. We miss them SO much and wish we were closer to them (or any family for that matter!), but I'm not moving back to England permanently, so that's out! Who knows when we'll see them again! Maybe Christmas, so until then...we love you and miss you already!
4 comments:
Oggy's hair is sooo long! Fly him out here!
I was going to comment on your hair (not Ogg's)! It's so long! Nice that you guys get to live next to some historical sites.
If you liked this, you will have to go to Savannah and visit Fort Polaski (sp?). It is so rich with history. Our family had such a great time there. You'll have to stop by Tybee Island or Hilton Head as well. It's so fun to have such beauty so close by.
Yeah for Blogging is right, gives us something to do with our time . . . Hey how are you guys doing? You like it out there? Now I can keep up on how things are going with your blog :) Yeah! We miss you guys, I just heard from Lee McClemmon today, let Ogg know he is still alive, doing what he does :) When are you coming to visit?
Post a Comment