Monday, July 6, 2009

He likes to chillll

Our little man likes to eat and then just chill out. He's so adorable! He does great at going 3ish hours between feedings, except when it's night. Then he magically forgets that he was on a schedule earlier in the day and decides to wake up almost every hour. I'm exhausted beyond belief, but he's so worth it. I've just had a few emotional breakdowns, but that's why my mom's here!

I like the one below. It says to me..."Dad! You freaked me out popping around the corner like that!" He really likes to make sure his arm position is comfortable. Look at those cute skinny arms!


Don't expect too terribly much from me here yet. I can barely function enough to keep myself and Hugh alive. Labor and birth? I worried about the wrong thing. Recovery is what people should be terrified about. I love my baby more than anything, but man...my body is freakin' miserable.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

He is so adorable Shannon! Congrats on your beautiful family! Don't worry it gets better and you will feel like yourself again.

Mikel said...

I felt the SAME WAY! Why doesn't anyone tell you how much harder 'recovery' is?!? But like the last comment...it DOES get better and it really does go by fast. He'll be sleeping through the night in no time! Good luck!

Amanda said...

He is so so cute! I love those pictures! Honestly, I'm impressed that you've blogged as much as you have. I remember being VERY surprised by how hard it is to be a mom. Hang in there though, it'll get way easier. I don't know if this is typical, but my son's turn-around point (as far as sleeping goes) was around six weeks.

Jazz and Rod said...

He is to die for!!! Look at those faces! Glad you're hanging in there Shannon - I'm sure it's rough but like you said, that sweet lil' Hugh makes it all worth it! :~)

Misty said...

He is adorable!

emily and logan said...

just wait a few more weeks and it'll get so much easier. i promise.

St. John, Jacque, Camilla said...

Oh Shannon I am so there! My recovery has been awesome and I have wanted to do to much and go out and then I feel like crap! Camilla does the same thing sleeps too long during the day and wants to do cluster feedings at night. One night I told Singe that he was going to have to give the baby a bottle for one feeding and then she slept for two 4 hour periods during the night it was amazing! Crazy to thing that these little bugs are 4 days apart in age who would have thought???

Sarah said...

I know that's like the first thing I tell everyone now. All the afterwards stuff was more taxing than my pregnancy and labor. I think some people tried to tell me and I kinda didn't listen. I had total tunnel vision. :) Anyway, he's a doll!!!!