I have been an avid reader my entire life until I started BYU. Textbooks were the only reading I could muster! I finally joined the ward book club a few months ago because I really wanted to re-ignite the passion I used to have for reading. The first two books I read were these:It really took a LOT of convincing to get me to read these, but I finally started and ended up reading both of them in just a couple of days! I absolutely loved them! Even though it's technically for young adults/teens (I'm still young, right?) it really sucked me in! Suzanne Collins has a way with developing characters. I thoroughly enjoyed these books and am looking forward to the next one coming out this summer! I love how a review I read online described the books as Gladiator combined with Project Runway!
Right now I'm reading The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls (a memoir, but it feels like a novel!) and then on Monday I kinda went a little crazy at the library and got these books:
Mistaken Identity (memoir - about those two friends who got in a crash a few years ago and the parents of the one who died thought the one who lived was their daughter and they didn't find out until later!)
The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson (another memoir - the one that was chosen for the book club. Not as good as The Glass Castle, but I've just started it so maybe it will get better? Still amusing though!)
Bitter Is The New Black by Jen Lancaster
So now, instead of spending naptimes working out and cleaning up the house, I read. I'm loving it!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Long Lost Love
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
9:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I need to do a post about those books on my personal blog too. I am glad youa re liking the galss castle and I hope the thunderbolt gets better, since everyone will have my head if it isn't1 dang it!
oh and thank you for always leaving such nice comments on my blog, and on the blogs of people that post about me. You are so supportive, and it is nice to have a friend like that!
I too love those books. I have zero time to read so I listened to the first one and I'm actually listening to the second as I type this!
LOVED Hunger Games and Catching Fire. LOVED The Glass Castle. Currently reading The Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell--a true story of a Navy Seal, would really recommend. Let me know about the other books you got, I love a good recommendation!
Post a Comment