Sunday, March 21, 2010

Seriously Hugh?

That was one of the worst nights on record for this baby boy! Actually, this has been one of the worst weeks. Here's why:

-He's still SUPER clingy and totally weird about it. Like if I'm sitting by him and literally touching him, it's still not close enough. He'll twist around and reach for me to hold him.
-For the past two days he has refused to take his morning nap as usual. He'll lay up in his crib bouncing off the bumpers, try to pull himself up, shout in different pitches, fling his musical seahorse around, etc. I always get him out after an hour of being up there and then try again in another hour. The problem is that he'll fall asleep around 11ish for like 1.5-2.5 hours and wakes up at like 1. This makes him tired again around 4 and he's supposed to go to bed at 730. HE CAN'T NAP AT 4! So I've been making him stay up and putting him to bed a little earlier. I don't know how to fix this! He did the EXACT same thing yesterday too! I guess we'll see if he does it again today.
-Last night he woke up at 3am to nurse (usually it's 5am and then he'll go to sleep again for a couple hours) and cried and cried and cried and cried (get the picture?) until I brought him into our bed where he just rolled all over us and squealed for 2 hours. Yes, you read that right. TWO HOURS. I then put him back in his crib where he slept for only an hour and a half.

You should see the bags under his eyes. And mine.

I seriously feel like I want to die. A cranky baby+only one nap a day instead of two+not sleeping at night...oh man. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. I'm tempted to make Ogg take a sick day on Monday so I can rest.

I can't form anymore sentences, so just please pray for us that Hugh will freaking sleep today!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh shannon! Your weeks sounds like mine! Charlie refused to nap more than 30 minutes the entire day each day, so every day was just "trying to put him down for ANOTHER" nap that would never happen...if I were you though..I would put him down for the later nap...it seems like sleep begets sleep at this age. The more they sleep the better they sleep (at least with my experience) Charlie just started back to his 2 hour naps twice a day, but that only started yesterday..I was a crazy woman myself, so you aren't alone. I was super snippy this week with everyone because I was so frustrated, so he will get it. I always put them in their crib to for 'quiet time' if they won't nap...at least it gives you a little break, but not a real one. I hope whatever is messing him up gets worked out this week! teething? good luck, and if he won't sleep..come drop him off over here to keep charlie awake, and you can take a nap!

Nikki said...

I am sorry Shannon! I understand your frustrations!!! Nothing makes me more grumpy and irritable than when Maylee refuses to sleep. I am a mean mom though, she doesn't get a choice when I know she is tired. Hang in there, this will pass. He is so stinking cute!!!