Friday, February 6, 2009

I want! I need!

Look at it! Just look at it in it's beauty! Williams-Sonoma is selling this little contraption now! I really want one of these for when baby starts needing more than milk. I know it's kinda not necessary right now, but I just love it!

If you're interested in it, there's a cute little 3 minute video on it on that webpage I linked to. It's $150, which I guess seems expensive, but thinking about how much money it would save in not having to buy baby food...totally worth it.

Now, if my mom would just start working at Williams-Sonoma again, she could buy it for me so cheap!

5 comments:

Clair said...

Hey so I wanted one of these too and looked into em and I guess these are made in France. And the plastic container contains BPA, which not sure if you heard all the stuff about BPA and baby bottles, etc. So it's not good, especially since you use the machine to heat up food. Puts nasty chemicals into it. IN short, don't buy this until they come out with a BPA-free version.

Sarah said...

This does look like a very cool contraption, however I might put that 150 towards a vita mix, or other high end blender, that can make more than just baby food. That's just me but I've loved our vita mix. I make elizabeths baby food but just steam it myself and puree it in the vita mix. I use the blender for so many other things daily I would miss it's other functions. Anyway, just thought I'd give you some unsolicited advice. :) It is definitely a fun, healthy, and money saving thing to make your own food.

Mikel said...

So I read that first comment and started to look up things about BPA in the Beaba. I guess there were concerns and confusion that the mixing bowl had BPA but really it doesn't. Here's the article I found.

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/news/?p=309

emily and logan said...

i want one of these too! i know there are places where you can find them cheaper at places like bed bath and beyond though. you should check it out...

whitneyingram said...

You will save scads of money if you make your own baby food. One butternut squash is like $2 and will make like 10 little meals. One jar of butternut squash by Gerber is like $1.

If you want a cheaper route for baby food prep, http://www.mothernature.com/shop/detail.cfm?sku=69999&rfr=FRG&zmam=1000941&zmas=18&zmac=110&zmap=69999

I use mine everyday.