Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Photo blog: Parents in Atlanta!

Mom and I in an intense game of Wii tennis. Intense, I tell you.

Okay...these two took it to a new level and played for H-O-U-R-S. But it was amusing to watch. We also did bowling (where the two men held an evening-long tournament). The best part about that was watching my Mom give it a try and she always had to center herself in the tv before she played. She couldn't do it otherwise!

Us with the World of Coca-Cola polar bear. He was so funny...totally interacted in a hilarious manner towards everyone. You can see my little belly poking out! Yay!

All of us. Mr. Polar Bear forced my mom to be in it. She hates pictures, crazy woman!

"Why, yes, Mr. Soda Fountain man...I will have something. Non-caffeinated please."

Classic picture of my funny dad at the tasting section of World of Coke.

Yes, it was free. No, I didn't take one. But don't worry, I posed to fool you all.

Handsome husband. He did take one.

It was a really great weekend with my parents. My Dad was able to see where we live, and my mom was able to enjoy it one more time before she comes to be my slave after I have baby. She and I went on a maternity shopping spree and bought baby's first outfit! It was a blast! She also cooked us a marvelous dinner that lasted us for 2 days afterwards! I stayed strong after we said goodbye, but when they called me that night to say they'd landed safely, I totally broke down and couldn't stop crying. I really, truly miss my family. I hate that I'm not there to see my sister's kids grow up. I feel like I'm missing everything and they're all going to forget me. I hate that I'm not there for friends weddings and babies. I know Atlanta is the place for us right now. We've grown in ways we wouldn't have if we'd stayed closer to family. But I'm ready to come back somewhere in the West. Maybe by the end of next year? We'll see. But for now, I'm going to enjoy it out here and look forward to our trip to Utah in 5 weeks!

5 comments:

emily and logan said...

why, yes! i can see a little belly there. i certainly have you beat, though. but i also have a few weeks on you...we can compare in person when you come out here

Clair said...

Amen, sweetie...I want to move west, too. ALLL of our family live out there and it's terribly lonely out here. And what little belly is poking out?? there is none to be seen yet. You're cute as can be :) xoxo

Lauren said...

aww your parents are so cute! I'm so happy you got to see them!

Lauren said...

You look cute and a little bit pregnant by the way!

Greg and Mel said...

I can see a little belly forming! How cute! I looked like a house at 18 weeks and you are so cute and tiny! Don't worry about eating all your lunch, the baby needs the food :D Looks like you had a good visit with your parents!