Saturday, February 7, 2009

Medieval Times

We decided to be adventurous this weekend and venture into a land from long, long ago...Medieval Times, to be exact! We just looked at each other and laughed when we walked in and we were pretty much the only people there without children, or over 70.

Mmm...our overpriced, $7 smoothie. And our crowns, of course.


This fire was massive! We're talking like 15 feet across!


And for the bargain price of $6000, you can own one of these beauties. See my bump?


My King.


The knight of our realm...he wasn't very good. Came 2nd to last.


BUT I caught his eye and he threw me an exotic flower. Ogg almost jumped into the ring and challenged him to a duel. Luckily, I was able to talk him down.

All in all, it was a really enjoyable evening! We were in the second row and had a marvelous feast of soup and chicken on pewter plates with seasoned potatoes that we had to eat with our fingers. And they dared try to serve the pregnant lady Pepsi. Ew. But I dealt with it gracefully. Seriously, it was something we're glad we did and we can now cross it off our list of interesting things to do! Hope your weekend was as eventful as ours!

8 days till we find out what baby is!!

4 comments:

Nickell said...

I love Medieval Times. So fun.

cat+tadd=sam said...

What a fun thing to do! I dare say I could NEVER get Tadd to go to something like this. Go Ogg! Love the bump, can't wait to hear what you're having!

Sarah said...

hahaha

Brittney said...

So fun! We have talked about going a hundred times but we've never actually done it. Everyone I've talked to has enjoyed it. I have never heard anything about the food so it's good to hear that your $50/per person also gets you a good meal. I'll pay any price for a good meal. :)