Dear Baby Hugh,
We are SO excited about you, little boy! I am proud to say that I knew from the start you'd be my baby boy! Your Dad and I are still having a hard time addressing you as Hugh...you're still mostly 'baby' to us, but we're working on making the name transfer!
It was such a fun experience when we found out your gender! Your Dad standing next to me, holding my hand (I wouldn't let him sit down...not this time!), both of us staring at the ultrasound screen impatiently. When the technician took a picture and paused the screen, she looked at us and said, "Well, can you tell what it is?" I looked at your Dad wide-eyed, he looked at me, and I couldn't get any words out! So your father did the talking:
Dad saying, "Are those the legs?"
"Yes"
"And that...is that his...his...thing?"
The tech laughed and said, "Yes! Congratulations, you're having a boy!"
I literally could not stop smiling for a full 24 hours. The most important thing to me is getting you here safely. I have felt much more at peace that this is going to happen in the past couple of weeks, probably because of the 2nd calling your Dad and I received.
We now hold a new calling in the church called Temple Patrons. We aren't temple workers, we simply attend the temple, once a week, NOT on the weekends. This has been tricky, seeing as we both work full time, have another calling, the temple is 40 minutes away, and I'm constantly so tired! It's been an adjustment, but we've made the time and I can already feel the blessings beginning. I hope all these blessings are directed at you, my sweet little one! I want to be the best mother I can be to you, and I know that includes being spiritually in tune.
I'm taking you on your first plane ride next week! Let's hope you stay more relaxed than I usually feel. I can't wait to have you hear the voices of all of the people who love you already! It's going to be a busy, exhausting few days, but it's going to be so fun! I love you!
Mom
Friday, March 6, 2009
Letters to Baby...week 22
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
5:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh cute. I could not stop smiling when you talked about finding out the gender. I seriously cannot wait to get pregnant. I'm so happy for you!
Temple Patrons, eh? I didn't know that was a calling. I think we need to be called to that. We don't go near enough. How close is your temple?
And I did it, Shan. I graduated. I am done.
My favorite letter yet. I love these.
Post a Comment