Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Any suggestions?

I exercised 3-5 times a week and considered myself to be in pretty good shape (maybe a 7.5/10) before I got pregnant. Then I got pregnant and...

Nothing.

I did nothing, and have continued to do nothing other than a long walk here and there (we're talking like twice a month). It's so bad, I know, but all I've wanted to do is rest! But now I'm wanting to strengthen up a little bit for this last 14 weeks. I'm looking for a pregnancy yoga dvd. I looked all over amazon.com, but have just give up because I'm so overwhelmed. There are WAY too many options!

SO, I'd like suggestions please! Obviously, it's gotta be geared towards pregnancy and I'd really prefer yoga or pilates. Nothing too intense, but nothing boring.

Anything? Anything?

Bueller?

PS...I went to the chiropractor yesterday and got adjusted like crazy and I feel a little better. I'm definitely going to continue to go if it helps get me through this last few months! I mean, we're going to Disneyworld in 5 weeks...there's no way I'm going to be miserable down there!

4 comments:

Nickell said...

The chiropractor definitely helped me. I never got super uncomfortable even in the last weeks. So good choice.

Fiona said...

I haven't done any prenatal yoga or pilates, but I highly recommend water aerobics. I'm not sure if you have a gym pass or not, but I know Gold's does them and pretty much any other gym with a pool. It is a great way to stay in shape while pregnant without hurting your back, knees, ankles, or feet. :)

Greg and Mel said...

I was gonna say water aerobics too. Good for you and the baby and you wont strain anything or do anything too strenuous! Plus it feels awesome when you get further along. Getting in the pool made me feel weightless and took all the pressure off of the...umm. pressure points..haha (i.e. down there)

mrs. farlanderz said...

I know this is an older post of yours so hopefully you read this but I had to comment because the work-out thing - I am in EXACTLY the same boat! nothing, nada - the morning sickness stopped me head-on and a walk here and there is all I do anymore...
I am so glad to know I am not the only one!
I do have a prenatal yoga dvd I like (mind you I have only done it a handful of times) it is the Prenatal Yoga with Shiva Rea (green on the cover).