I know people don't like to talk about money, but I need some serious help here, people! And Ogg needs to see it as well! We're trying to decide on a crib. I would LOVE IT if you could tell me:
what brand of crib you bought
if you would recommend it
how much it cost you
was it worth it
Pleeeeease...anyone who has bought a crib or knows anything about cribs, I'm desperate for your input!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Question of the Week...
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
6:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Crib for life, I would totally recommend it, I think it was around $250/300, and it was totally worth it.
when we bought it this huge salesmen (at least 300 lbs) got in it and started bouncing. I was kind of freaked out, but there was no noise, or wiggles coming from the crib. It didn't move at all. We've had it for 5 years, and have taken apart and put it back together at least 5 times, still no squeaks or wobbles.
Good Luck!!!
The biggest thing I've heard lately is to not buy the cribs with the moveable side, where it can go up and down. Apparently the "numbers are staggering" with infant deaths in cribs that do this. I don't know a lot about it, but you could probably just google ban on cribs and stuff will come up on it. Anyway, I only have one kid, and our crib was a gift, I don't know how much it cost or even what kind it is. Sorry.
I found my crib on craigslist. We didn't have the money to buy a $300 crib when I got pregnant with Kaisa. We thought about buying the cheapest brand of crib new at Walmart, but decided that a nicer used crib would be better than a new cheap one. It's a Pella crib (Italian made) and I've really like it so far. I think I paid $120 for it (mattress included). They say not to buy used, but it worked really well for us and it's been a great crib! Just make sure there are no recalls on any crib you buy.
One thing I really like is that it has a drawer underneath to store sheets & blankets. Just be aware if you buy one with a drawer that it is not made for toddlers to sit in (yes, Kaisa did this and we had to go and fix the whole track system for it to open and close). Also, you won't be able to use your crib skirt or bumper pad once you lower the mattress because you can't drop the side or open the drawer once the mattress is lowered. I was kinda bummed about that because I bought a really cute crib bedding set! Good luck!
Post a Comment