Thursday, February 11, 2010

First hair cut!

Wow, I have been baaad at taking pictures this month. We haven't done much other than be sick, cut teeth, and roll around on the floor, so that's my excuse!

Mike and Tracy bought Hugh this music table for Christmas and he loves it! It will captivate him for a good half hour at least! I'll put up a video later, but when he sits next to it and the flashing lights start, he'll bend over farther and farther until his nose is almost touching the table! It's so funny!


Hugh had his first hair cut a couple weeks ago! We thought it was about time to get rid of the mullet. Unfortunately, no pics of the actual event, but here's his little hairs in my hands. I honestly couldn't throw them away for a good 10 minutes. I don't know what was wrong with me, but it was seriously emotional for me to do it!

I'm sad. I don't want him to grow up! Aren't I adorable when I pout?
In other news, I got released from teaching youth Sunday School after 2 years. My new calling is Enrichment committee. I'm pretty excited about it cause I've never had a Relief Society calling! I am trying really hard to work out (almost) every day cause I want this last 8 pounds gone dangit! I think I'm panicking a little bit because I signed Hugh up for Mommy & Me swim lessons starting in 2 weeks. 2 weeks and I have to put myself in a bathing suit! It's not even the weight that I'm embarrassed about. It's more the stretch marks. I swear all of my friends don't have them, or if they do, they're only on the stomach so you can't see them. Even though I didn't get huge, I still got stretch marks on my thighs! You can't hide those!

Next post: Ogg and I made some seriously awesome goals for now and for the future. I'm really excited about it.

5 comments:

Adam & Samantha said...

shut up! i'm sure you look so great, you don't need to be worried about looking bad in a bathing suit. winter just sucks in general for body image issues. :-) congrats on the first hair cut! can't believe your baby is getting so big!

blueeyedfreckle said...

oh I need one of those light up things for olivia! I am such a toy copycat. you always get the best toys for hugh! olivia would love that thing with all the lights!

Jill said...

Ok...so cute about the hair because I never have any baby hairs to cut, and I even have the baby book that has the little pocket to PUT the hairs in, and I forget because they finally get a hair-cut at 3 years old or something. And stretch marks..join the club. I can be the first friend you have that has them...all over, so I feel your pain. You will have so much fun in the swim class. I'm sure charlie would've loved it!

Jill said...

Ok...so cute about the hair because I never have any baby hairs to cut, and I even have the baby book that has the little pocket to PUT the hairs in, and I forget because they finally get a hair-cut at 3 years old or something. And stretch marks..join the club. I can be the first friend you have that has them...all over, so I feel your pain. You will have so much fun in the swim class. I'm sure charlie would've loved it!

Lauren said...

So I commented on your jumparoo, and I'm commenting on that toy Hugh has now too! Ethan got that when he was a year old from Ross' parents and he STILL plays with it a year later! He just uses it differently now.