I am having a huge problem with Hugh's naptime. We figured out he had reflux around 6 weeks old and the pediatrician suggested that we utilize our swing to help him be more comfortable. Come to find out, the swing was a miracle worker. It helped him sleep SO well and it was so calming for him. And as a new parent, I was desperate for sleep and the blessed swing gave it to me!
Fast forward 6 months later and Hugh still likes to sleep in his swing, but only for naptime. He puts himself to sleep beautifully at night in his crib. Naptime, however, is a whole different whale of a problem. He cannot soothe himself to sleep! I keep trying to start him out in his crib and let him cry for 5-10 minutes, check on him and settle him down, leave, he goes nuts again, etc etc. I do this for 30-45 minutes and when it doesn't work (it never does), he goes in his swing so he can get a good rest. I know I need to just pack it away so there's no temptation. I'm not doing him any favors by giving in/up and sticking him in there. But I have no idea what to do! Yes, I've read books, but they didn't work for him for nighttime, so I don't really trust them for naptime! Maybe I'm still too soft, but I just can't let him cry for more than what I'm doing!
I need help! Please give me any advice or details on how your kids learned to nap by themselves. He's thisclose to being too big for the swing and I'm desperate!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Naptime nightmare
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
6:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh dear. Wish I had advice for you. I'd probably do exactly what you're doing. I'm sure you'll figure out something. Luck.
so this isn't 'advice' more like a this worked for us but we do a method called 'pick up/put down' from the baby whisperer books and love it. if you haven't already tried it and want to know more just drop me a line and I will send you an email...
Post a Comment