Thursday, February 11, 2010

First creative project!

So, one of my biggest goals this year is to become more creative. Luckily I have an amazing friend, Katie, who is like ridiculously talented and she has become my tutor! I'm buying a sewing machine and she is going to teach me and we get to do fun stuff together! For Valentine's Day we made this bunting banner thing and I think it turned out adorable! Here it is across my mantle:


And here are the hearts up close! It's fabric on both sides+felt in the middle and stitched all around the heart edges. I feel so proud of myself for doing it and I can't wait to start making more things! The only holiday decorations I have are for Christmas so I think I might do something like this for every holiday!

3 comments:

blueeyedfreckle said...

yay! I love it! It looks awesome up on the mantel. I am super excited about making stuff together:) I LOVE teaching people how to sew stuff for themselves. It is so liberating to be able to make things that you need or want.

Fiona said...

This is SO CUTE! I would love to know how you made it. I am decent with a sewing machine if I have good directions...LOL! I wish I had a fireplace mantle to put it on...

Lauren said...

Good job Shannon! Way cute.