Hallelujah, praise be...my two month ordeal with getting over this "thing" is finally coming to an end and I couldn't be happier! Although, if I'm really honest, I was hoping that I was actually pregnant (also for the normal happy reasons, obviously) so I could get out of my wisdom teeth removal in a month. Ha.
This whole wisdom tooth thing is the source of large amounts of stress in my life! Large amounts of stress in my life is the source of me being crazy, emotional and taking it out on my husband, the poor man. He's learning how the whole emotional thing works now, though. When I have a momentary freak out, he calmly hands me a big spoon (emphasis on the BIG) and watches in awe as I down a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Amazing how the stress can just melt away ... if only it didn't melt into a spare tire surrounding my midsection!
When I went to the surgeon for my consultation, he made me feel at ease and I totally trust him. After he had me choose my form of sedation (out all the way for me please, thank you!) and explained how the whole ordeal works, he told me that the hardest part of preparing for this for ME will be to ignore everything anyone says about how wrong things can go. He could probably tell I had a few qualms, because right after that, he looked down at my hands (squeezed so tightly together) and said..."Seriously, you're going to be okay." Yeah, I'd BETTER be okay mister...doctor...surgeon...man!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Bloggity Blog
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
8:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Getting your wisdom teeth out isn't that bad. It only sucks after when you can't eat regular food for awhile and you have gauze in your mouth. But seriously, it's not bad at all, and I've never heard of anything going wrong in a wisdom teeth removal.
Oohh.. I've been avoiding that one now for a year or two! Good luck, I still don't have the guts to get it done.
You'll be fine. I'll save my comment for after you get your teeth out. Perhaps you remember though, that it wasn't my best experience. Here's to better luck for you....
Shannon, I got mine out when I was 13 and they had to break my jaw to do it, and I was a bridesmaid a week later, eating chips and carrots (along with lots of ice -cream just because I wanted to) so it really wasn't that bad...and I am a mega wimp when it comes to pain, but seriously, it was fine and you'll be surprised at how simple it is, especially when you are totally out for the procedure.
I just had my wisdom teeth out in March (all six of them, yep...six!) I didn't get sedated but would definitely recommend it! Good luck!
When's the big day? I'll bring you some ice cream and popsicles.:)
I went to school a half hour after getting my wisdom teeth out and bled all over one of Mrs. March's desks while we watched Hamlet.
Yeah, don't worry. I just warned my docotr that I didn't want any bruiding ...or else! hehe I came out just fine! :)) Threatening always works wonders!
Post a Comment