Thursday, May 29, 2008

FUNNY!

Go here. It's freakin hilarious and I hate uploading videos, so you can just go visit my cool friend Kellie (actually she's more of Ogg's friend, but I stalk her blog, so by default she's mine too). She's freakin hilarious as well.

Update on the personal trainer:

IT SUCKS.

On Tuesday, I had my first monthly weigh in/fat percentage test to see my progress. I'm really upset and I don't want to talk about it much, but I've gained a pound and my weight % has also gone up one percent. I'm working SO hard...and then this happens!? I was so mad, I made him redo it like 3 more times. One of the other trainers calmed me down a bit...he told me that for the first month it's not uncommon to gain some weight because this is the way the body prepares itself to LOSE the weight. I totally don't believe him. Whatever. I'm giving this one more month, I'm starting to go to the gym 3-4 times a week PLUS my training sessions, and if I don't lose the 5 pounds he promised me, I'm going to kickbox him to next year.

I guess what I'm really upset about is the fact that I feel STUPID. I have totally felt like my body is changing. I've felt my legs and arms get stronger, I've felt like my obliques (aka lovehandles, spare tire, etc) have gotten smaller and less noticeable and I even went to the pool in a bathing suit I haven't felt comfortable in EVER and totally felt hot! SO by gaining the pound and fat percent, that slapped me in the face and made me feel like I'm delusional. But I'm not one to let myself think I look ok lightly. I'm VERY critical of myself...basically, it's just been a big blow to my ego/self-esteem/workout ethic. I'm feeling a little bit better today and I have another session tonight. I'm going to make him do a boxing workout with me so I can let off some much needed steam. This better work or I want my money back!

6 comments:

cat+tadd=sam said...

You are seriously HOT! Don't let that get you down, if you feel better that matters the most!

Greg and Mel said...

The trainer is right. When you start a new exercise routine you body goes into crash mode and stores more fat than normal. And the pound gained is probably from the muscle. You know, muscle weighs more than fat. you probably are stonger, and you will probably lose the weight this month. keep at it!

meggan said...

Don't get down on yourself, as long as you feel comfortable and confident who cares if the scale goes up a tiny bit? I am rooting for you!

Brittney said...

Girl...you have to believe the trainer. When I first started getting super fit several years ago I was sooo frustrated because instead of shedding the pounds, I packed them on. Muscle weighs more than fat and so initially, when you first start working out, you will put on muscle often causing a weight gain.

What I started doing (because I was sooo tired of the mental games with the scale) is taking measurements. It was then that I realized my body really was changing. Just be consistent where you take them from every time and write them down so that you can track your progress. I just did this two nights ago and compared them to two year's ago measurements. Let's just say I still have some work to do but at least it is an accurate comparison. Good luck. Don't get discouraged. You are such an adorable girl! I think you look great! :)

The Mercer Family said...

It's true. When you start working out, you're gonna gain weight because you're losing fat and building muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Josh is always telling me to throw out the scales because it can make you depressed. You need to go by how your body looks and how you feel. I bet you are getting stronger and more lean...so keep with it!

Heather said...

I would just be glad that you felt hot in a bathing suit! I haven't felt that way since I was in high school!!! By the way, love your blog. I'm so glad you guys are doing well and enjoying Atlanta, and married life.