Dear Baby,
I love you, little baby. But you're making me crazy! Literally! Yes, it's true that I've always been an emotional person. And I've always enjoyed 'feeling'. I have felt real sadness and I have felt true happiness. There are not many things in my life I would rather have NOT gone through because they are all the little things that have made me who I am today! But the past couple of weeks...oh my. Oh me and a big oh my. Let's just say that I'm turning into one of those mental pregnant people who, when pressed, blows my top and can't be wrong, contradicted, or denied. I'm worried you're going to come out an angry little thing...like a little squirming gremlin. You probably don't have a clue what I'm talking about, so go watch the movie. When you're older. Terrifying.
Your Dad and I realized that when you are born, it's going to be almost 4 years to the DAY from our first kiss. I'm sure it grosses you out, but someday you'll appreciate it. So here's the shortened version:
It was during a week of EFY that I had off, but your Dad didn't. One of his jobs at night was to walk around outside the dorms and make sure lights were off. There isn't a lot of alone time during EFY, so we jumped on that opportunity to be together and I accompanied him while he made his rounds. We walked and talked, too nervous to even hold hands (bad example to any random kids watching, of course!). Once he was finished, he walked me to my car where we sat outside and talked a little bit more. Being the suave English bloke he is, he thought it would be pretty humorous to 'test' my abilities to withstand his charm. So he leaned in...as CLOSE as he could get to my lips, without actually touching them...and just sat there...saying funny things. I don't know what he was expecting, but I knew he wasn't the kind of guy to just dive right on in like that, so I just stayed put and blushed like crazy, hoping that I was the kind of girl he wanted. I think his tricky ways backfired on himself cause soon enough, he decided HE couldn't withstand MY charm and gave me a sweet little kiss. It was perfect and we fell in love pretty quickly after that moment.
Don't gag. It's cute. And you're cute. Can't wait to hear your heartbeat on Monday!
Mama, Mommy, Mom...(not decided yet)
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Letters to Baby...week 16
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
7:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is so cute. I love you letters to your baby.
I'm meant youR letters to your baby. I don't know, maybe I love you too, but c'mon Shannon, we haven't even met.
that suave englishman...so freakin funny! Way to play hard to get shannon! :~) Who was he kiddin?!
Post a Comment