Today I was able to let out a sigh of relief, but only after a moment of being terrified.
It's pretty basic knowledge that when you get tests run at a doctor's office, no news is good news, right? So when my cell phone rang this morning and the caller id said "OB of Atl", my heart jumped into my throat because I knew this was about Downs, Cystic Fibrosis, etc.
"Hello!! How are you today?"...that would be the uber-cheery nurse on the line.
"Quit being so happy! What were the results?!"...that's what I wanted to say.
"I'm great, how are you?"...that's what I actually said. But I sped throughit so quickly I'm not sure she understood me.
"Well, I've got your test results here." At this point I'm almost jumping up and down in my seat, trying not to let my INSANE pregnant hormones get the best of me. I really didn't want to snap at her...she was just so nice sounding!
And then fiiiinally..."Negative for Hepatitis" (I knew that)
"Negative for HIV" (I knew that too, come on!)
"Negative for Chlamydia" (Oh my gosh, are you kidding me? I already told you, NO REASON TO EVEN CHECK!)
"Negative for Gonorrhea" (Is this the point where I get to slam my head on the desk?)
"Negative for Cystic Fibrosis carrier"Ahhh...THAT is what I wanted to hear.
"And all tests are negative for Down's Syndrome. Now you have a really great weekend and take care of yourself until we see you in 2 weeks, okay hun?"
At that point, it felt like a literal weight was lifted off my shoulders. I was actually quite shocked at how much better I felt! So now, I'm sitting here trying not to think about the next set of worries (I always seem to find them) and enjoying the moment of knowing that so far, my baby is healthy. I am grateful. Now I've got to call my mom and dad. I really dislike being 2 hours ahead of them cause I have to be patient enough to not wake them up in the mornings!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Scary start, good result
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
7:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! Now you can relax....sort of:)
That's always a relief! Glad all the tests went well. And I hope you're feeling a little bit better!
Post a Comment