A lot of people are oblivious and rude.
I've come to that conclusion about some people. I think I've had to do that because otherwise I get offended (for myself and others) and upset. It's not worth it, so when someone throws out a comment without thinking about it that ends up offensive, I just push it to the back of my mind and group them with all the 'others'. It's a harsh reality, but it's me and it's what I do.
Here are some funny ones from lately that have managed to make me laugh:
*I thought your boyfriend would've popped the question by now! (a random blog comment)
*You're really starting to get pregnant chubby. (office comment to me)
*Wow, you look really pale today. (office comment to me)
*Your stomach really freaks me out! (delerious husband comment to me)
My company is made up of 98% men (and I like all of them), so I give much more leniency to them because I have learned in my studies and in my personal experience that males...well, you just can't blame them sometimes. That's not saying that they don't still have a responsibility to think before speaking...I said you can't blame them SOMETIMES. And the above comments really were harmless. So I've made my peace with it and am laughing about it.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Things NOT to say
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
7:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This morning I was perusing Flora and Henri and remembering that you tipped me off to it. Then I thought about how cute your baby will be, dressed all nice.
And good for you to not let your feelings get hurt. Boys just don't think about things before they say them.
People are especially rude to pregnant women. They just don't think before they talk. It's good that you can look back on those comments and laugh though. That's a good attitude to have.
Just wait until people start touching you. I don't know what it is about huge pregnant bellies that makes random strangers think it's okay to touch. Hopefully you don't have personal space issues.
Its always fun once you get bigger when people ask if you are pregnant just tell them no and watch their reaction... its great!!
I hate to say it, but the more pregnant you get, the ruder the comments will become. You should've heard the things some people said to me at the end of my pregnancy. Complete strangers (and even some people I know) who just can't keep their mouths shut. But you have a good attitude, just laugh about it and move on.
Post a Comment