Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Working woman!

Hello all! I just wanted to update everyone that I am finally employed again! I'm the front desk coordinator (umm...I guess that's just a receptionist) at Ingersoll-Rand. Apparantly it's some multi-billion dollar international company or something. The one I'm at does the refrigeration units in places like Costco and Target, etc. So all I do is sit on my bum all day, answer phones, transfer them to the correct places and welcome visitors. YAY! All in all, it's REALLY REALLY boring, but I get paid more than I have gotten offered anywhere else, and...well, it's a job right? I have to be at work at 745 am though, so it's thrown quite a wrench in my sleeping habits and my body is really really mad at me, hence my horrible headache that I've had since I woke up this morning! So sad, but maybe this will help make me more of a morning person. I hate mornings. Oh well, I must get over it! Anyway, it's a pretty slow job, so I'm sure I will be posting random thoughts throughout the days to keep myself amused. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Kirk said...

Shannon… Welcome to the real working world. My alarm goes off at 4:00 AM and I am out the door on my way to work at 4:30 AM. It’s the pits when I live on the left coast, and in work in your time zone. By the time I have lunch most people are finishing their first cup of coffee. You will get used to it, I did.

Also a little F.Y.I. I can’t see your pink letters. They are so pale pink I have to lean way in to read it. I suggest a color a bit darker.

~Cheers~

Amanda said...

Congrats on the new job! I'm glad the search is over - I hate doing that. Hope you enjoy it!
I'm starting a similar job next week and I'm kind of nervous about it. It's comforting to think that you'll be going through the same thing!

Jessica said...

Congratulations on the Job!! Here are a few tips on how to survive jobs like ours (good jobs, but not always entertaining or challenging!) READ-I have read a ton lately-I am like book thirsty because it makes the time go by way faster!EMAIL- I am so good at keeping in touch with a lot of people because I have so much time!! WRITE LETTERS- I have also become an avid letter writer because of the time factor-everyone loves getting mail!! Hope things are good!!

Misty said...

congrats on the job! I hope you enjoy it and don't get too bored!

Also - I was tagged twice and tagged you on one of them!

cat+tadd=sam said...

Congratulations on the job, it's about time you starting being responsible. Geez!