In honor of my trip to the beach in a couple of weeks, I bought a couple more books. Of course I broke down and finally got The Host. I've been debating whether or not to get it since it came out cause I'm just not a lover of sci-fi, but everyone's saying it's good, so why not! And then I've heard really great things about David Sedaris, so I bought one of his books as well. They're meant to be really funny. Hopefully they are and I'll have some nice reads on the beach! Anyone read either of these and have any comments?

Thursday, June 19, 2008
Book binging
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
1:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I haven't read the host...yet. I'm waiting for my sister to finish it. She said its really good. I liked twilight, not that it has anything to do with the host, but it was a "vampire" book that I ended up loving!! have fun at the beach!
David Sedaris is hilarious and can be quite poignant as well. I also think Amy Sedaris is amusing. The stories about his family make other uber-dysfunctional families look like the Cleavers. Kirk prefers to listen to his books on CD and I enjoyed listening to him on NPR, especially his Santaland Diaries. Too bad you are so far away. I would loan you my Sedaris collection.
Happy Reading!
Kathlene
The Host was great!! I'm about to start it again for a second time. Hope you like it too!
Haven't read either, the only book I read is the Book of Mormon, shame on you for branching out. Kidding, of course. Have you read Confessions of a Shopaholic? British humor so there are F words, but I hear it's hilarious, and No, I haven't read it. So why am I suggesting it? not sure. Love ya Shan!
Yeah he is a cute little boy huh? We like him. Thanks for voting! Oh, and kind of responding to Caitlyn, the lady who wrote the Shopaholic series (sophie kinsella) also wrote The Undomestic Goddess which is one of my favorite books ever. She's right, British humor does have lots of F words, but from what I hear, it's cleaner than the shopaholic series, I haven't read them though.
I have been hesitant to read The Host because I loved the Twilight series so much...but I've heard it's actually really good..so I'm thinking of picking up a copy! Have you read the Twilight series?
Hi,
I thought I would chime in since “Magellan” my wife has posted. I want to make a correction, I do like to listen to David Sedaris on CD, for the fact we spend weekends going to other places from here. His humor is a relief from XM comedy channels.
I don’t have time to read his books, because I usually have my nose in some photography or Photoshop tech manual or magazine.
I hope you have a good read. The way David Sedaris tells his stories about his dysfunctional family will make your sides split.
Yer Cuz
Post a Comment