Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mamma Mia, Mamma Mia!

Wow...lots of interesting comments from friends!

Let's lighten the mood by telling a funny thing that happened last night.

Scenario: Ogg and I in bed, slowly drifting off to sleep...dreaming...dreaming...basically asleep...
Shannon (shoots straight up to a sitting position in one second flat): Oggy! Did you pay rent today? (would be late tomorrow)
Ogg (the husband who is NOT amused, slowly rolls over to look at my wildeyes and hair sticking up all over the place...stares at me for about 30 seconds while I anxiously anticipate his answer...): WHY do you always think of these things when I'm sleeping? Yes, I paid the rent. Go away.

It took me a good ten minutes to calm down from my nervous state and finally fall asleep, but my goodness...why does my mind work overtime when I finally lay down at night? I wish I could have inherited the gift my mother has. She is usually asleep by the time her head hits the pillow almost every night and it takes a lot to wake her from her deep slumber. It's amazing. I would have nightmares at night and run to her bedside and literally have to shake her to get her to wake up and comfort me!

Side note: My boss has scored some tickets to Mamma Mia for next Tuesday(the day before my surgery!!!). It's playing in the Fabulous Fox Theatre(it's really called that!). It's meant to be very Indian-luxurious and I'm so excited to see the theatre, more so than the show cause Abba is really before my time, but it'll be fun anyway. Anyone seen it? Any reviews?

8 comments:

Jessica said...

You and I were meant to be friends!! I am scared to go to a doctor because I don't want to be on sleeping pills the rest of my life, but as soon as I get in bed-my mind becomes alive and I begin to stress and worry about everything. I have done that same thing to Adam more than once, and got the same reaction!! I have found a herbal tea that has helped a bit. I can't remember the name but will give it to you!

Greg and Mel said...

I've seen Mamma Mia! It's good. I kinda liked ABBA and the music was fun.

AshleyS said...

my parents have seen almost all the shows in Vegas, and this one is one of their favorites! have fun! oh, and weird about your anonymous blogger. i promise it's not me! :-)

Erin said...

I saw Mamma Mia a few years ago, and yeah, it's good. The story can get a little silly, but it's the music that's the most fun anyway! Have fun!

Kathlene said...

Very fun show : ) I saw it when it first opened in the US 8 years ago. I, however grew up listening to ABBA and know all the songs. On one very long road trip between No Cal and So Cal I made your Aunt Penny listen to ABBA for hours on end. Of course I sang along at full volume and most likely off key. It's nice that she still speaks to me... Buy the greatest hits before you go so you can sing along!
Have fun, Kathlene

Kathlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kar said...

I'm so excited to see the new Mamma Mia movie. I love ABBA with a fiery passion.

cat+tadd=sam said...

I LOVE ABBA. It's before my time as well, and I didn't quite know what I was in for when I went and saw it in New York, but I fell in love. You will too!