Friday, June 13, 2008

Tribute to the love of my life!

It's my sweet husband's 28th birthday today! I can't even explain how much I love this man and all the adventures he has taken me on! Why don't we explore some of those and the reasons why I love him!

I love him because he took a big chance in falling in love with me. His love for me is undeniable and runs deep. We were made for each other and 2 years and 7 months ago, we made our love eternal in the Timpanogas Temple in American Fork, Utah.

I love him cause he has a hot British accent. He took me far away from my family to live in England for 8 months with his family. During that time, I grew to love them as much as I love my own family! We both miss them immensely. Above is us at the "100 acre wood" made famous by Winnie-the-Pooh, which is just down the street from his house!


He took me to see all the cheesy tourist sites (Big Ben behind us!) and walked ALL over his homeland so I could see where he grew up!


He took me to Rome the day after Italy won the World Cup! THAT was a crazy night! And a trip I will never forget! I love how he loves learning about history and the significance that things hold. He was intrigued by Rome and hopefully I will be able to take him back someday!



He took me to Paris on our 1st anniversary! Couldn't get more romantic than strolling by the Notre Dame and across the beautiful bridges hand in hand. Best trip ever!


We then hopped over to Florence and Pisa to explore more of Italy, our favorite country!


My Oggy graduated from BYU in Marketing and Advertising in April of last year. He was a fabulous student and never failed to impress me with his consistent studying and his fabulous grades, which he totally deserved!


Even though he hasn't been around kids much, I LOVE how he's willing to try and make it work! My sister's kids LOVE him to death, because obviously he's the funnest person on the planet. We make the most rockin Aunt and Uncle ever!


He has a group of best friends who he loves and has stuck with for years. They're all awesome and I love them all too! Ogg's the most loyal friend you could have.



Then, most recently, my dear Ogg has swept me off to the South...Atlanta, Georgia! It's been a fun adventure to start a new life here, which I could never have done without him! I also love him cause he's freakin hilarious. No one can make me laugh the way my sweet Oggy can! I am so grateful I've been able to be with him the last three years of our lives and can't wait until we have a little baby bugger Oggy running around to keep us entertained! Oggy, I love you and couldn't have asked for a better husband! I love you forever!


**Disclaimer: I know I make him sound perfect, and he's not. I love him anyway. He makes me smile, he provides for me, he's motivated to keep our family out of debt, and I know he's going to be a freakin fantastic dad. Both of us struggle every day to be better spouses, human beings, friends and family members. This is part of the meaning of life, to learn and grow. I'm just happy we can do it together.

4 comments:

cat+tadd=sam said...

This is such a sweet post. And I love all the pictures with stories! Ogg is lucky to have you! Although he doesn't look too thrilled about you hugging him in his graduation picture. :)

Clair said...

No disclaimer needed....it's within every wife's prerogative to make their husband sound like the most amazing human being on the planet :) This is a wonderful post. You two make a beautiful couple and will have gorgeous children!!

Greg and Mel said...

What a sweet and thoughtful post. You guys are such a cute couple! Ogg is very funny, my husband will atest to that. He was Greg's favorite companion on his mission and he wishes he could hang out more! Happy Birthday Ogg!

The Mercer Family said...

Very cool post. I'm so glad you're happy Shannon! What a crazy cool marriage you've had so far. Sounds like you two have been all over the place! No husband is perfect...but it's awesome to know that your (in general) husband is the perfect one for you!