I am unbelievably upset today. I have been working HARD since I started with my personal trainer about 6 weeks ago. The past 2 weeks I've been working out 2x a week for an hour and 2x a week for a half hour. I've got a great mixture of weight training and cardio, I eat about 1500-1800 calories a day and I drink only water and juice. Yesterday I was ecstatic because my arms fit into a shirt that 6 weeks ago was really tight. My legs are getting toned and I'm getting fit. This sounds great, right?
Last night after my hour-long sweat fest, I got on the scale to see where my weight and fat percentage were at. I truly thought I would be seeing a healthy 125 on that scale (the last time I was on it, it was at 128). My jaw quite literally dropped open as I looked down and it said 129. "Ok, whatever," I kept thinking, "It's probably muscle. The important part is the fat percentage, just remember that." So, I hopefully looked down to see how much fat I had cut off of my body (previous was 23%). Not only did my jaw drop, but my heart did as well, as I looked at the screen with tears streaming down my face.
25%.
How could this be true? 25 percent? My body fat has steadily gone UP since I started this program! 6 weeks ago, I was at 22% and not doing one ounce of exercise. And now I work out pretty dang hard 4 times a week and I'm FATTER!????
As you can imagine, I'm pretty upset. I'm more than upset. I think my trainer thinks I'm lying about my food intake, so he put me on this cool computer program that tracks what you eat and gives you a letter grade for your intake of everything. If anyone is interested, it's at q4fnutrition.com. They even lay out perfect meals for you. But I swear on my life, your life and your children's lives that I am being completely honest with all of this! I'm not a binge eater, I'm not anorexic, and I KNOW that the three spoonfuls of Ben & Jerry's I've had this week did not put 2% more fat in my body!
I had to vent, I'm sorry. I'm just truly appalled that all this work I'm putting in is just a load of crap and it's not doing anything for me except make me fatter! I know it's so ungrateful, but I'm just frustrated and unhappy with my body right now. The only good reason I thought might make this happen is pregnancy, but I took ANOTHER test and it came out negative. I'm so confused about all this right now and just want my body back.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Fat Camp
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
5:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ooh I know what you mean. I will go a week or so and eat well and run and feel healthy and I'll get on the scale and 128 just flashes on the scale. I want to kill somebody when I see that number.
I'm convinced a study will come out one day announcing that working out and eating vegetables is bad for you and will cause cancer. Just keep holding out for that.
SHAN! You are a stinker! Bytheway, you've never been even close to fat, girl! And never will be! I think you are strikingly gorgeous, AND you're skinny too...even if you might think otherwise. I know, it's super frustrating when you're working so hard for something and see no results...but just remember, you're still tiny--don't whither away on me--I won't have my Shan anymore! It's already bad enough that I can't see you cuz you're across the country...when I get the opportunity to eventually see you, I want to actually SEE you!:) Of course, it doesn't matter what I (or anyone else) thinks, but I know I am not the only one that just thinks you are absolutely beautiful! You have a cute little bod! You're hot! Ogg thinks so too :)
i'm sure you look amazing as always. at least you don't have 15 pounds more to go like me. then i have to worry about all the toning, but i don't think i'll have too hard of a time running after these 2 boys all of the time.
Hmm, you know that you're gorgeous right? Always have been!
Post a Comment