Sunday, April 12, 2009

Helen, GA

Ogg and I were able to go up to the Georgia mountains for a little overnight getaway this weekend. Getting up there was definitely an adventure...there was a tornado warning and it was raining/hailing/lightning/thundering SO hard we couldn't see more than a foot in front of us. It was truly the most terrifying 'element' I have ever been in! Luckily we got through it and finally got to the cabin and settled in for the night.

This is only an hour away from our flat city!



Look at the pretty river, the awesome German architecture, and my fat pregnant face!


The whole city is a German-themed town.


Up in a gazebo above the main street. It was pretty cold that morning!


Outside the cabin. The only way I have cheekbones anymore is by making that face.


The view from one of the decks...it was really serene and nice at night!

So we got back home safely, but then Ogg decided to get sick Saturday night. That was super fun...he kept both of us up and I finally ended up sleeping on the couch because I couldn't take it anymore! He's feeling better today, so hopefully it isn't anything that I'll get. I've been lucky enough to not be sick through this pregnancy and I do NOT want to break that streak.

Tomorrow is my 3 hour glucose test, cross your fingers for me that it'll come back fine! And next weekend is our birthing essentials class...that should make for some good nightmares for both Ogg and I! Can you refuse to watch birthing videos they show at these classes? Cause we both might have to do that. Neither of us wants to watch because it will only lead to more terrifying feelings added onto what we're already struggling with! I'm excited to learn about everything else...just not that.

12 more weeks until my due date! 3 weeks until our Florida family reunion/10 day relax-a-thon! We can't wait!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow how fun! Georgia looks way cool- you've done lots of fun things that are pretty close to home! Way to take advantage of it.

Lauren said...

Oh and CONGRATS on being done with Independent Study! Those dumb finals- they are so hit and miss, in some classes they are so easy, in some they are ridiculously hard.

emily and logan said...

shannon, you're so funny. we think alike.