Dear little one,
The doctor just called to inform me of my low iron count, and unfortunately, my HIGH glucose count. Monday morning I go in to be monitored for three hours to see if I have gestational diabetes. I really hope I don't have it! And I reeeally, reeeeally don't want you to be a massive baby! So pancreas, start working better! That was an unfortunate start to my day.
You have been giving me lots to worry about lately, Hugh! You used to flip flop around in my tummy all day long and then for an entire week, it was like you decided to hibernate! Well, that threw me into a freak out frenzy and off to the doctor I went again! It's always so reassuring to hear your strong heart beat and have the doctor say, "Don't worry!". But would you just decide if you're going to be a busy baby or a quiet one?
Things are starting to seem a little bit more real. Your crib came this weekend and we set it up in your room! It looks wonderful (even without a mattress and bedding!) and I find myself wandering down there quite a few times a day to just look down at it, excited for when I can look down and see you sleeping peacefully in there!
It is a really precious thing to me how sweet your Dad is when it comes to you. He likes to put his ear to my tummy and listen to you swishing around in there. I think he thinks my belly button is a microphone cause he'll talk to you sometimes through there! When we hug, it's quite amusing because my belly bounces off of him if we come together too quickly! We both love you so much already and can't wait to meet you and watch you grow up, and give you brothers and sisters and a dog to play with!
Until next time,
Mom
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Letters to Baby...week 27
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
7:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hibernation sounds a lot more pleasant than kicks to the rib cage! ouch..
I love that you write these letters! I keep journals for both of our boys with similar type letters or entries. It is SO FUN to go back and read later! You will be such a wonerful mom. And baby Hugh will so appreciate the letters one day.
Post a Comment