Saturday, June 27, 2009

39 Weeks, countdown begins!

Behold, I give you 39 weeks pregnant! And I am pretty happy to say there will NOT be a 40 week picture! Yahoo! I'm starting to retain a bunch of water...last week I gained 6 freakin' pounds because of it! You can tell in my face and my ankles for sure!

The plan is for me to have my regular doctor's appointment and ultrasound on Monday morning. Then I go home, eat a good meal and wait for the hospital to call me to come on in that night! So I will be admitted to the hospital, be given Cervadil to soften my cervix overnight and then Tuesday morning if I haven't gone into labor by myself, they'll proceed to induce me.

I can't believe that it's finally here! I just have to get through today and Sunday and then it's the day that I go into the hospital! So weird! When I went in for my non-stress test yesterday, the nurse kept looking at me a bit funny and then finally said, "Do you not feel those? You're having pretty big contractions!" I totally didn't feel them at all...hey, that would be a nice labor, huh? However, once I got home I started having a lot of on and off back pain and it's continued today. They don't come more than once every 20-60 minutes so nothing to stress about yet, but I am a little nervous that I'll go into labor before my induction, which means I won't get my favorite midwife to deliver!

Today consists of frantically getting all the last minute things ready! Cleaning, shopping, getting the room ready for my mom, etc. I still can't believe I'll be holding my little baby in my arms in less than 4 days! I can't wait, even if I am simultaneously terrified!

4 comments:

Clair said...

You made it! Life gets significantly better from this point on. I'm so happy for you! Also, when does your mom leave? Put me down for bringing you a meal when your help is gone, k. Love ya and good luck!! :) xoxo

mmhunter said...

good luck shannon! i know childbirth can be scary when it's the first time, but enjoy it (if you can) and keep a journal nearby so you can jot down things before you forget! hope all goes well and can't wait to see pictures!

Fiona said...

Good luck, girl! This is it! I'm sure everything will be awesome! P.S. I can't tell that you are retaining water AT ALL. You look amazing!

Brittney said...

YEAH...what exciting news and how much more exciting will it be if all of these contractions are adding up to something and you go in and are at a 7 or something. I had that happen with one of mine.

Keep us posted and good luck!!!