My sweet, obedient child,
I am thrilled with you today! You turned all by yourself! You are head down (waaay down) and ready to go, whenever the time comes! I quite literally almost tossed the ultrasound wand away from the technician and kissed her on the forehead when she told us the happy news!
It's a very good thing that we went in for the ultrasound because you, my dear, are living in a deteriorating environment! My placenta is aging quicker than they would like it to. The point it's at now is where it should be around 39-40 weeks! And the fluid in there with you is also at a lower level than they'd like. So now we get to grace the midwives with our presence two times a week for non-stress tests and ultrasound monitoring! Yipee! Okay, not really, but they are just concerned about your well-being and want to closely monitor you. If, at any time, they feel you're not getting what you need, than induction here we come! I have to say, I'd certainly be happy if we could meet in two weeks instead of four.
You should know that your Dad loves your Mom. He came to the appointment today with me and is concerned for both you and I. When they took my blood to check my iron levels I had to sit there for a few minutes and my shoes were untied. He bent down and tied them for me, making sure they were to my liking. A nurse walked in while he was doing this and let out a big, "Awwww!! How cuuute! I need a camera!". That definitely put a smile on my face. Then when we were walking to our cars he told me how he's feeling protective and just wants me to sit in our lovesac all day until the baby comes (the doctor doesn't want me moving around too much) and he'll just carry me everywhere. I know it's cheesy, but it's important for you to know that we love each other! Until next week,
Your Mom
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Letters to Baby...week 36
Posted by
Shanicherie
at
11:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm glad baby Hugh moved for you guys and we'll be witing for the big announcement! Praying for a safe delivery for you and for Hugh :)
What a relief!!! Sorry to hear about the placenta ordeal hope everything works out and hey having a baby a bit early would be kinda nice. I am in my last week and hating life. Come on baby!
So glad to hear baby is head down. I hope that everything else goes okay. Put your feet up and listen to your doc about not doing too much!!! Good luck if it comes to being induced...it is always nice to skip the last little bit of pregnancy!
Thank you so much! I am so excited for you too!
Shan- This letter made me cry. I don't know what my deal is--you'd think I was pregnant, but I PROMISE you...I'm not! That is so cute about Ogg. I love that you're writing letters to your baby too. I started writing ones to Cache when he was born, but during pregnancy is a GREAT idea. I love you shan! You look so cute in your picture above- you're ALL belly! I'm so excited that you're about to be a mommy with me... yeah!
Shan- This letter made me cry. I don't know what my deal is--you'd think I was pregnant, but I PROMISE you...I'm not! That is so cute about Ogg. I love that you're writing letters to your baby too. I started writing ones to Cache when he was born, but during pregnancy is a GREAT idea. I love you shan! You look so cute in your picture above- you're ALL belly! I'm so excited that you're about to be a mommy with me... yeah!
I'm grinning just reading this.
You should know I'm extremely cheesy, and this letter made me tear up. :)
Post a Comment