Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Letters to Baby...week 38

Hello my sweet one!
It's bittersweet (mostly just sweet) to know that this will be the last letter I write to you with you inside of me. I love feeling you roll around, making my stomach contort into funny positions. I love how every time your Dad feels you move his eyes get as wide as the smile on his face. I'm sure it will be strange to not have you inside, but I am so excited to be able to hold you, rock you, kiss you, and I definitely can't wait for the day when your Dad doesn't move quick enough and gets peed on!
Yesterday your Dad and I went to the doctor to see if you had grown on the ultrasound and how you were holding up. You are just a little guy! Only 6.5 lbs right now, but thankfully you've gained a pound since the last time they measured! Once we got to see the doctor, she checked to see if I was dilated at all (I'm almost 1cm, not very much). She talked with us for a while and then decided to consult another doctor, so we sat anxiously for 5 minutes until she finally came back. When she did, she had a big smile on her face and said, "You are going to LOVE me! You want to have a baby next week?!" Your Dad's jaw dropped to the ground as I jumped (the fastest I've moved in a while!) off the table and shouted, "What!?" She just laughed and had us follow her to her office! You would have thought your parents were bumbling idiots the way we just kept looking at each other and giggling, but this was quite a shock! We're so lucky to already know your birth date! We will celebrate your life on every June 30th forever! I am truly terrified to give birth, especially getting induced (longer, harder labors), but you are going to be so worth it! Your Dad and I can't wait to kiss those chubby little cheeks! I hope we can be the best parents for you and that you will always feel comfortable talking to us. We will love you endlessly and I hope you can forgive us when we make mistakes.
I am anxiously awaiting you, my sweet one!
Your Mommy

5 comments:

whitneyingram said...

Darlin', I was induced with both my boys and it was a piece of cake. Seriously, easy. They schedule everything so there is so mystery as to when you will get your epidural. You will do just fine. And think of it this way, you will hurt and go through some pain, but you get a sweet baby boy from all of it. And THAT is worth any pain.

So go into this with a positive attitude and high hopes. You will do beautifully.

Dixie & Markus said...

OH MY! This is very exciting!! Not much longer!!

Greg and Mel said...

yeah, all 3 of mine were induced and it was super easy and I had great short labors. You will read a lot of horror stories, but most of the time, they all go fine. Can't wait to see your little bundle :)

Lauren said...

Yay that's so exciting to know for sure! June 30th. A good date. My induction was long, but I don't think it was any harder than most (I don't have anything to compare it to). Just bring a good book and your husband and it will go faster than you think. You'll do great!

Amanda said...

I know you've probably heard more stories than you want to about inductions, but I just wanted to let you know that mine was fine. Almost the same as my non-induction baby, but scheduled and a little more controlled. Also, having a small (but not too small) first baby is totally the way to go. After that it doesn't matter so much, but for the first it's great.