Monday, July 14, 2008

Just kidding...

Sad! The technician who was going to do my tests got in a car accident this morning so they had to re-schedule it! I hope she's ok! I've never been in a car accident and am pretty paranoid about it. My fear has only escalated since I've lived here in Atlanta with the INSANE traffic and equally insane drivers!

Oh...and please tell me why when I called to get an appointment with a gyno, they said I couldn't get in until the freakin end of August!? It's not like it's Utah here with a zillion babies being born every second! I was so upset.

My question of the day:

Have any of you ever been in car accidents? Is my fear warranted?

6 comments:

The Mercer Family said...

Yeah...not that I really cared, but I called to get an appointment with my obgyn because I was pregnant. I wasn't in a huge rush, but they say what...week 12-13 you should go in. I was at about week 20 because they were "booked" until then. So, I know what you mean. Seriously.. I know they have spots open...I think they just want the doctor to appear really popular and busy! lol jk Okay, so I don't really know...but I bet that's it! hehe

Only been in a car accident once as a passenger when I was like 12 or so. Crumpled the front of the car we were in, but it wasn't bad for us (physically)...good thing. Other than that...never been in one- so I guess I don't really ever think it's gonna happen to me...that being said, I am still a faithful seatbelt buckler! :))

Chelsea said...

Something strange happened when I was about to get in my accident and it made everything seem slow motion. And painless. I didn't feel anything at the time, it was only when I reached to open the door that I noticed my hands were broken. I think I got a little bit of help and protection! I think that if that help wasn't given we would have major heart attacks because of the shock. So I don't think you should worry, but I do think you should steer clear of the maniac drivers!

Greg and Mel said...

I got in head on collision 2 years ago when I was 7 months pregnant with our youngest. It was horrifying. My two little ones were in the backseat. All I really remember was that a big white van pulled RIGHT out in front of me and I slammed on the brakes and braced myself. The seatbelt tightened on me SO tight I couldn't breathe, and I had so many things running through my mind. I couldn't speak, and had onstar and the poor lady probably thought I was dead. I finally squeaked out "yes, I'm okay, my kids are here, I'm pregnant." it was very scary. but it could have been worse. We were not hurt, my airbag didn't go off which was a blessing because it could have hurt the baby. It was scary, but looking back it could have been worse!!!

Kar said...

A minor fender bender here and there, the worst was my friend turning left and wasn't paying attention to the oncoming traffic, luckily we were in her huge, sturdy car made in the 70's. Nothing can hurt those babies. So it could have been worse. The bad part is worrying about insurance and the people in the other car...how they're going to react.

cat+tadd=sam said...

I think I've been in about eight accidents, I'm a pro.

Laurel said...

Dave and I were in a rollover day after last Christmas. I was 7 months pregnant with Lincoln. Scary, but live your life right and the Lord will send you angels in your time of need!