Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Unbelievable

Sometimes it's really hard for me to be grateful for my body.  I really struggle when it comes to 'that time' and some seriously earth shattering cramp-olas.  I value my sleeping time more than most other things in my life!   I do not get up one minute earlier than I have to in the mornings.  Do you know how much sleep I got tonight?  2 hours.  My body was wracked with torment all night and now I'm sitting here, propped on my lovesac at SIX IN THE MORNING!  


I can't stand, I can't sit, I can't lie down without being uncomfortable.  SO that leaves what position?  Yes, the fetal position.  

Oh how I wish this would end.

Guess I'm calling in sick today.  I don't think an office full of six men would understand why I'd be rocking on the floor of my office.   

5 comments:

Kar said...

Fetal position. Good friend of mine during cramps. Luckily I don't get them that often. I'm very grateful for that.

Greg and Mel said...

Ibuprophen or midol = heaven! I don't know if you are into taking meds, but they help me! I used to get cramps SO bad, but amazingly, after I had kids, they went bye bye! I still get mild ones occasionally, but nothing like the ones I used to get. I'd miss school and just cry!!! I hope you get some relief soon :)

Brittney said...

So sorry to hear...that would be my favorite thing about nursing. I don't have to deal with all that crap..er I mean, cramps.:)

cat+tadd=sam said...

I 100% know how you feel. No position is comfortable, except the fetal. But after a few minutes that starts to hurt as well. Gosh I hate ovaries.

Clair said...

Holy crud...I know exactly how you feel. Cramps would keep me home from school, church, you name it. When it got bad, it got BAD. And sometimes, no amount of tylenol or OTC painkiller helps. Stay home, take a warm bath and take care of yourself. xoxo