Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bum?

So I have to be at work at 745 am. This means I have to leave for work at 727 am to get there on time, even though I only live 5 miles away from work. That's what you get for living around Atlanta. Traffic. Lots of traffic. Fortunately I don't need a lot of time to get ready, so I set my alarm for 645, and usually don't end up actually dragging myself out of bed until 7 which only leaves me about twenty minutes to shower, get ready, and eat breakfast. The past two days I haven't even had time to eat!
I know, I know...some people may laugh at me struggling so much to get up in the mornings. But I have NEVER been a morning person and I have a difficult time falling asleep at night. Plus, I haven't gotten up that early consistently since high school! I made sure while I was at BYU that I planned all my classes to be no earlier than 9am! My last couple of years I didn't have class start until like noon! Awesome! Anyway...
The whole of last week and yesterday I have been feeling really nauseous (mostly in the mornings)(no, this isn't a pregnancy announcement) and have had to resort to drinking a couple of Sprites per day. Appalling! I don't usually allow myself to drink carbonated beverages. But when I'm answering phones all day and the whole reason I'm employed here is to BE NICE and HAPPY...and every couple of minutes I'm not sure if I'm going to "lose it" or not...I had to keep some bubbly in my tummy! I think I feel sick because of how tired I am and my body is just adjusting to waking up early. So by the time lunch rolled around I definitely didn't want to eat and I was still exhausted, so I thought, "I need a nap. I'll just sleep in my car." So I proceeded to head out to the parking lot (a totally safe, secure area), got in my back seat, laid my coat over me and slept for a good half hour. It was fantastic! When I got home, Ogg told me he couldn't BELIEVE I did that! He said that is such a "bum" thing to do. So I ask your opinions...is that a bum thing to do?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I can totally relate to you!!! I have even slept on my desk during my lunch break-it gets to that point where you are so desperate to sleep that you anywhere sounds good!! If only we lived close we could hang out together at nights- I don't sleep either-it is getting so bad that when it is time to sleep I stress out because nights are so horrible!!

cat+tadd=sam said...

Very bum thing, but I enjoy it. I may try it someday. But I couldn't do just 30 min, I'd need an hour or two! Also...you're a wimp. Sprite? C'mon! Go for the hard stuff...Diet Coke!