Thursday, February 21, 2008

My one and only beautiful painting

This amazing piece of art was given to Ogg and I on our wedding day by Frank Magleby. He's an absolutely amazing artist (as you can see). He was commissioned by the LDS Church to do all the artwork for the rebuilt Nauvoo Temple. I still hadn't taken it out of it's wrapping but I was talking with my friend Caitlyn and remembered it and thought I would share it's beauty with everyone! It's my one and only valuable piece of art and I will treasure it forever. I know you can't see it too closely, but the details and the way he paints light is just amazing. If you can't tell, it's of the Sacred Grove where our beloved prophet Joseph Smith, knelt down and changed all of our lives forever. I've never been there, but always have wanted to! Now that we're on this side of the country, we'll have to make a big trek up there. I know I'll know this special spot when I see it. I love it!

1 comment:

cat+tadd=sam said...

You're right, this painting is amazing! So beautiful! I'd treasure it forever and always as well.