Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Can you tell I'm bored?

I have nothing else to do and no one is calling today, so I will just continue blogging my thoughts. This is my statement:

I HATE DENTISTS

Ok, I don't hate dentists as people, but I am very scared of them. I'd much rather go to the doctor. Yes, I had braces (but that's an orthodontist!) and that was a traumatic enough dental experience. But up until this year, I have never had a cavity or had to have any teeth pulled...nothin'! So maybe you can understand my anxiety about going to get my cavity filled a couple of months ago while we were still in Utah. I didn't know what to expect. All I knew was that there was a needle and big, scary power tools involved! This was also a new dentist I was trying out. So I didn't even trust the guy! But I went in there (oddly enough ON Halloween, the cavity inducing holiday of the year) and tried to be brave. I asked him what he was going to do and if I could watch a movie to distract me because I was kinda freaking out about this. He was the nicest, most understanding dentist I have ever come across. Yes, it was still scary and when I started tearing up a little because I was nervous while he was doing the power tool thing, he even stopped for a few minutes to let me sit up and take a few deep breaths and collect myself. Seriously, I wanted to hug the man after it was over. I had a revelation in finding this place! Then the bad news came after he was done. My wisdom teeth are MESSED UP (emphasis on the 'messed'). They're all sorts of strange directions. So he let me cry a little at the prospect of having to have my first surgery (it's SCARY, people! don't tell me it isn't!) and then he proceeded to tell me about this different kind of anesthesia where you take a pill a couple hours before (it's called Sleep Dentistry) and sleep through the whole thing so there's less trauma. They have a specialist who comes in once a month to do it and there's virtually no 'chipmunk cheeks' afterwards. So I felt comfortable with that and as crappy as it may be, it has to happen.
Then I receive the wonderful news that we're moving to GEORGIA in a month! Yay for new adventures, yay for being on our own, and yay for graduating from college and moving on. BIG BOO for having to leave all our friends, find a new doctor and SHOCK HORROR...a new dentist. I am currently freaking out because I don't think I'll ever find a dentist like good ol Moody and I don't want chipmunk cheeks! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find a good dentist?! Anyone happen to know any amazing ones in the northern atlanta area!? HELP!

3 comments:

cat+tadd=sam said...

Maybe Dr. Moody has a twin in Georgia?

Paige said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I'm so glad you have one too. Its fun to keep up to date with people! Are you liking Atlanta. My grandparents live in Dunwoody. Do you know where that is? Can't wait to read more.

Clair said...

haha...I love your blog. You guys are so cute! It was really good to meet you the other day. btw...our dentist is great and is in Suwanee so let me know if you need the info ;)