Monday, April 14, 2008

Countdown...

The countdown to my birthday is on! I turn 23 on the 23rd! That's just 8 days away! It feels a bit bizarre, seeing as I feel like I was in high school last year. But somehow I squeezed 4 years of college in there as well! Hm. Weird how life creeps up on you.

But I have a problem.

I don't know what I 'want' for my birthday! I mean, clothes are great and the only thing I really ever desire...yadda yadda...but that's so un-interesting! I can't think of one materialistic thing I want for my birthday! All I want are weird, grown-up things like peace of mind about stressful issues, a day off to just veg out...fabulous meals prepared and brought to me on platters...but those are all things that just aren't going to happen!

I'm not liking this growing up thing right now. I don't wanna grow up, I'm a toys-r-us kid! (please tell me that someone remembers this song and that I don't just sound like a toys obsessed adult)

Well, happy birthday to me then! One year older and more confused about life. Awesome.

6 comments:

cat+tadd=sam said...

This cake is a vision!

The Mercer Family said...

lol- I know how ya feel! Gotta admit, everytime a birthday rolls around, there isn't a thing I could ask for...cept maybe money! lol:)) You can only have so many "things" before, like you said, it gets uninteresting! The "day off" or hubby makin dinner, or just spending some down time with hubby and kid etc...are my wishes!

Nickell said...

I learned a couple years ago that when you are turning 20 or older, birthdays go WAY downhill. Definitely not what they used to be!

Kar said...

The Toys'R'Us song is pretty much my outlook on life. I hate growing up.

Greg and Mel said...

I just turned 25 this week and I feel SOOOO Old! I can't believe it! I felt so young a few days ago when I was "only" 24 haha. You are still young! enjoy life!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for birthdays! They aren't as exciting when you get older as they were when we were little kids, unfortunately! P.S. I've made that Martha Stewart cake and it's fabulous!