Tuesday, April 1, 2008

P.S.

On a happy note...

Today I am grateful for:

Growing up with parents teaching me how to eat right.

I never fail to amaze my fellow employees in the lunch room with my lunches. Yesterday I had fresh strawberries, string cheese and a few wheat thins. Jaws dropped, women marvelled. Someone even asked me the other day what I was eating...they didn't even know what rice cakes were.

Good heavens people. Stop eating fried chicken.


***That was rude and negative, and I know it. Sort of defeats the purpose of being grateful. It just reaffirms to me why our nation is so overweight. People just haven't had the basics of eating healthy bred into them. For most people, it's not their fault. It's on their parents' parents' heads. They just don't know better. And if they DO know better...then shame on them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on this one!!! Hahaha

The Mercer Family said...

All I can say is that you make me laugh! Your last couple of posts are awesome. I've been there on the real/fake thing. One question...I have been reading random things on facebook..etc...are you expecting? I can't find a straight answer anywhere! I even checked your whole blog and didn't find anything. Maybe I missed it or maybe you're not expecting...either way...it's DRIVING ME CRAZY! I NEED TO KNOW! hehe lol

whitneyingram said...

Love it. I've said it once and I'll say it again, "Fast food is the downfall of our society."

Misty said...

so - i read your blog and agree - why ask if you don't finish the question or wait for the answer. along the lines of eating - phil and i are in a boat of fried chicken - however, we're trying to get better! =)

Also, I just posted a video on my blog that makes me think of Ogg. I think mostly because of the accent - but you should check it out. it will definitely make you laugh

cat+tadd=sam said...

So, I completely agree with you. But I have a problem. TIME. I feel like I don't have time to shop for the healthy things, and make healthy food. If you really love me you would email me (cacox@nuskin.com) well rounded meals that are easy to prepare, and good snacks to take to work. I'm getting fat and I need help!